Author Topic: Sure looks like the anti-Kavanaugh crusade was the beginning of the end of #MeToo  (Read 179 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sure looks like the anti-Kavanaugh crusade was the beginning of the end of #MeToo
by Tiana Lowe  | May 05, 2020 03:18 PM

Morning Consult has found that public support for the resignation of elected officials credibly accused of sexual misconduct has slid by a staggering 18 points from December of 2017 until now. This is yet another poll that confirms a disturbing trend, indicating that public support for the #MeToo movement began to erode after the confirmation fiasco of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Among Republicans, support for politicians' resignations fell 13 points, from 48% to 35%. But the overall drop was driven more by the fact that Democratic support decreased by 20 points, from 62% to 42%. Support among independents fell the most, from 58% to 36%. Overall, the same proportion of voters says that credibly accused elected officials should not resign as those who say they should.

We can pretty much pinpoint the moment of Republican backlash to the #MeToo movement to October 2018, when Morning Consult also found that that Republican support for the movement as a whole fell by seven points in just five months. By contrast, support among Democrats increased by two points in that amount of time. But now, Democratic voters are reaping the standards that their party leadership has sown. As Joe Biden faces a credible sexual assault allegation backed by at least one contemporaneously corroborating witness, far more evidence than any of the claims against Kavanaugh ever had, Democrats have begun to run away from the #MeToo movement.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/sure-looks-like-the-anti-kavanaugh-crusade-was-the-beginning-of-the-end-of-metoo
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Online LMAO

#MeToo is dead.  You can argue that Joe Biden killed it or is was death by suicide
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy