Author Topic: Oil Demand May Never Recover, Green Fantasy Part Deux  (Read 485 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Oil Demand May Never Recover, Green Fantasy Part Deux
« on: May 05, 2020, 12:37:43 am »
Watts Up With That? Guest “bwahaha!!!” by David Middleton 5/3/2020

The world may never recover its thirst for oil

Analysis by Julia Horowitz, CNN Business

Updated 6:59 AM ET, Wed April 29, 2020

London (CNN Business) The world is learning to live with less oil.

It may never look back. The coronavirus pandemic has destroyed demand for gasoline and jet fuel as billions of people stay home, and there’s no guarantee it will ever fully recover despite rock-bottom prices.

The oil industry is bracing for the effects of the crisis to linger. Employees keep working from home. International travel stays scarce. And citizens in once polluted cities, having become accustomed to blue skies, demand tougher emissions controls, encouraging governments to redouble efforts to tackle the climate crisis.

Such changes would come on top of a push for investors to dump oil assets that had been gaining momentum before the recent price crash. Sustainable energy investments, by comparison,appear to have held up relatively well despite stock market volatility.

[…]
    Darth Vader: This is CNN!

I don’t know which is funnier…

Analysis by Julia Horowitz, CNN Business

Or…

London (CNN Business) The world is learning to live with less oil.

London? Source: BP Statistical Review of World Energy, 2018 if I remember correctly.

The dumbness of the CNN “analysis” is dumbfounding. (Yes, I know it’s the exact opposite of dumbfounding; I just liked the sentence.)

This is as bass-ackwards as a green fantasy can get:

The world is learning to live with less oil.

2016 BA in Political and Social Thought

The “world” is putting up with being under house arrest, creating a situation where there is too much oil. On the other hand, the oil industry is learning how to already knew how to deal with this sort of situation.

More: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/05/03/oil-demand-may-never-recover-green-fantasy-part-deux/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Oil Demand May Never Recover, Green Fantasy Part Deux
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 01:11:43 am »
Zero chance of that happening unless it is forced down our throats.

Even Greenies need hydrocarbons to survive.

This ain't about simply going vegan.

About everything anyone touches or uses has hydrocarbons in it or is made from using hydrocarbons.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington