Author Topic: Trump to take pandemic victory lap in TV ‘town hall’  (Read 383 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump to take pandemic victory lap in TV ‘town hall’

Washington (AFP) – Donald Trump will wrap himself in the mantle of America’s arguably greatest president with a television extravaganza Sunday at the Lincoln Memorial meant to leave the coronavirus crisis behind and relaunch his election campaign.

The businessman Republican is doing poorly in most polls ahead of the November presidential contest with his Democratic challenger Joe Biden, who remains shuttered in his Delaware home.

Trump faces criticism for his bruising, divisive style during a time of national calamity, and is accused by some of having botched the early response to the COVID-19 virus...

https://www.breitbart.com/news/trump-to-take-pandemic-victory-lap-in-tv-town-hall/

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Trump to take pandemic victory lap in TV ‘town hall’
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 09:11:31 pm »
So they have an advance copy of his speech? Or just more bloviating bovine excrement from the media?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 11:49:10 pm »
I would just go on and get the job done and leave the victory lap for later.

I just get echoes of GWB's Mission Accomplished speech (not that our troops didn't do great), and we're still over there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 09:36:28 am »
So they have an advance copy of his speech? Or just more bloviating bovine excrement from the media?

A short list of things more credible than Breitbart:

1. Everything

That is all.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 01:19:51 pm »
I hope people realize this event happened last evening and you're responding to media spin trying to pre-frame the event in the worst light possible.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 07:08:27 pm »
John Weaver @jwgop

The Lincoln Memorial disaster for @realDonaldTrump  leads me to believe the combo of Kushner and Hope Hicks will double down and have their Sun God do a town hall meeting with @FoxNews at Arlington Cemetery next.