Author Topic: The History of Firearms Development Part 1  (Read 997 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The History of Firearms Development Part 1
« on: May 03, 2020, 01:19:56 am »
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 5/2/2020

This Borepatch post got me thinking about the history of firearms development, and all the mistakes and blind alleys along the way. Plus I wanted to put up videos (where available) of how some of the weird firearms Borepatch described actually worked.

But before I did that, I realized I needed to delve into the basics of gunpowder and early firearms development, to set out things in chronological order.

Here’s a short one covering the invention of gunpowder in China, featuring primitive proto-firearms like the firelance, up through early European cannons, the hand-canon and the arquebus.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

More text and videos: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=44360

Offline EdinVA

Re: The History of Firearms Development Part 1
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 02:19:57 am »
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 5/2/2020

This Borepatch post got me thinking about the history of firearms development, and all the mistakes and blind alleys along the way. Plus I wanted to put up videos (where available) of how some of the weird firearms Borepatch described actually worked.

But before I did that, I realized I needed to delve into the basics of gunpowder and early firearms development, to set out things in chronological order.

Here’s a short one covering the invention of gunpowder in China, featuring primitive proto-firearms like the firelance, up through early European cannons, the hand-canon and the arquebus.

More text and videos: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=44360

This whole subject is why women live longer than men... lol
Never figured out which was a stronger force, courage or stupidity.... let me put this explosive in a pipe, hold it up to my face and light it...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The History of Firearms Development Part 1
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 05:09:46 am »
bump for later.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis