Author Topic: Air Force, Don’t Cut A Single Bomber  (Read 266 times)

rangerrebew

Air Force, Don’t Cut A Single Bomber
« on: May 02, 2020, 12:58:38 pm »
 Air Force, Don’t Cut A Single Bomber
By   Rebecca Grant on April 30, 2020 at 7:01 AM

Bombers are the ultimate chess pieces in the US national security plan. Bombers are also a scarce resource, and, personally, I’m worried about retiring even a single one of the U.S. Air Force’s bombers. Until the new B-21 Raider bomber squadrons fill out, years from now, there’s nowhere to turn for more.

It’s not just me. Hear from Robert O’Brien, White House National Security Adviser. “While the Air Force awaits the fielding of the B-21, it’s critical that we maintain our existing long-range bomber capability and not retire legacy platforms and legacy bombers prematurely before the B-21 is delivered in substantial numbers,” he said March 11. 

https://breakingdefense.com/2020/04/air-force-dont-cut-a-single-bomber/

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Air Force, Don’t Cut A Single Bomber
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 09:25:11 pm »
As the experiences with the F-35 and B-1 demonstrated, getting all electronic systems up and debugged can take several years. The USAF should not trim its fleet until the B-21 is fully mission capable.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 09:48:34 pm »
Well, I don't know who this Rebecca Grant is but if this is true AF thinking it reaks of mission picking.
Dump the A-10 but keep the big bombers????
Don't want to do CAS???

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 09:50:50 pm »
@EdinVA

CAS should have been sent over to the USMC as soon as they started having fighter pilots.  Pretty sure they would love to have the A10, but I think the USAF has largely been “we don’t want it and no one else can have it either”
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 12:02:15 am »
@EdinVA

CAS should have been sent over to the USMC as soon as they started having fighter pilots.  Pretty sure they would love to have the A10, but I think the USAF has largely been “we don’t want it and no one else can have it either”
@Axeslinger

The AF fought to keep the Space stuff but want to dump the CAS.... I guess CAS is to hard...