Author Topic: Donald Trump Announces FDA Emergency Approval of Remdisavir to Treat Coronavirus  (Read 593 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charlie Spiering 1 May 2020

President Donald Trump on Friday announced at the White House that the Food and Drug Administration issued emergency approval for the use of remdisavir to treat hospitalized coronavirus patients.

“It’s really a very promising situation,” Trump said. “We’ve been doing work with the teams at the FDA and NIH and Gilead for spearheading this public-private partnership to make this happen very quickly.”

President Donald Trump met with Gilead Sciences CEO Daniel O’Day in the Oval Office on Friday and announced the news with FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn.

“This is an important clinical advance … it is the first authorized therapy for covid-19,” Hahn said. “So we’re really proud to be part of it, and thank you President Trump for your leadership.”

Remdesivir is a therapeutic drug to treat serious coronavirus patients but does not prevent people from getting the virus.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/01/donald-trump-announces-fda-emergency-approval-of-remdisavir-to-treat-coronavirus/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It shaves a few days off the recovery time, but I wouldn't call it a game-changer.

Still waiting on the HCQ results, though. That, and the famotidine study, which is an intriguing one. Cheaper drugs like those have more potential to help more people than the more expensive last-resort drugs like remdesivir.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It shaves a few days off the recovery time, but I wouldn't call it a game-changer.

Still waiting on the HCQ results, though. That, and the famotidine study, which is an intriguing one. Cheaper drugs like those have more potential to help more people than the more expensive last-resort drugs like remdesivir.
Especially when you consider the Remdisavir is IV administered, over 10 days. That's a lot more doctor hospital time and expense to the patient than a 5 day course of pills.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

Just say, Good.  This is for very SERIOUS issue with covid-19.  Another form of treatment available, if your situation demands it.  This is a good thing.  For those people , who pills, don't help. I see no downer in this at all!  Before we had NOTHING,  to fight covid- 19 with.

Offline LegalAmerican

Especially when you consider the Remdisavir is IV administered, over 10 days. That's a lot more doctor hospital time and expense to the patient than a 5 day course of pills.

This would be used to save your life, if pills did not work.  It says for VERY SEROUS issues. Not for anyone. ONLY FOR SERIOUS ISSUES. Not about saving money, when your life is on the line.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

This would be used to save your life, if pills did not work.  It says for VERY SEROUS issues. Not for anyone. ONLY FOR SERIOUS ISSUES. Not about saving money, when your life is on the line.
If you are in that bad a shape, they'll just piggyback it through a shunt. I'm all for saving lives, especailly in more advanced cases.

But the Idea of the hydroxychloroquine/Azithromycin/Zinc Sulfate (or Gluconate) was to prevent progression to the degree hospitalization would even be required. Given at early onset, like Tamiflu, it would stop the virus from replicating and let the body do the rest.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 05:38:04 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis