Author Topic: New York closes all schools statewide for rest of academic year  (Read 475 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
“We must protect our students, we have to protect our educators.”

Developing...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: New York closes all schools statewide for rest of academic year
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 04:20:24 pm »
Never mind the negligible risk that children under 18 have of contracting this. Never mind that Europe has begun reopening their schools. Never mind the emotional damage you are doing to children by separating them from their friends for months on end. Nope.

We must bubble-wrap the children.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 04:39:16 pm »
That might be appropriate for the NYC area, but the rest of the state should be allowed to make this decision on a district-by-district basis, based on local conditions. But bureaucrats and pols don't think that way, if at all.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 04:57:10 pm »
“We must protect our students, we have to protect our educators.”

Developing...

I say good.  Children are not learning in these' re-education camps anyway.  NO REAL HISTORY, ALL ABOUT HATING YOUR OWN COUNTRY, HOW TO CHEAT ON YOUR TEST, HARASSING & THREATENING the teacher with razor blades. It has become a jungle. (The theme from MONK) NY has a lot of ILLEGAL kids, that we taxpayers pay for. They learn that 2+2=5.
Liberal, left, breeding ground. Brainwashing the kids.  COMMON CORE?  That is about teaching them to masturbate in class. Teaching them an ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE. I assume you all know? 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 09:20:48 am »
My mother would always get mad at me because I was reading European and Ancient history, not American when I was a teenager. I couldn’t help it. I was bored in American history classes and at that time I just found other histories more interesting. I discovered Will and Ariel Durant in HS, and “I Claudius” was on TV (with Alastair Cooke!)

I got into American history in college because the professor was good. I needed six credits American history to graduate and two semesters of World history. But I also started reading American history books on my own.

Considering how much I hated school from junior high on, I’d be so dang happy to have had home schooling. It would have saved a lot of existential angst from being bullied.

I’m lucky I also didn’t get common core or anything, I did have some really bad teachers who had no business being in a classroom but were there solely to avoid the Vietnam draft. Not that I blame them, but they honestly knew their subjects but just couldn’t impart that knowledge.

I guess I’m saying is maybe the children are better off being at home. It’s just another six-seven weeks til the school year is over anyway.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 09:27:04 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 06:01:32 pm »
My mother would always get mad at me because I was reading European and Ancient history, not American when I was a teenager. I couldn’t help it. I was bored in American history classes and at that time I just found other histories more interesting. I discovered Will and Ariel Durant in HS, and “I Claudius” was on TV (with Alastair Cooke!)

I got into American history in college because the professor was good. I needed six credits American history to graduate and two semesters of World history. But I also started reading American history books on my own.

Considering how much I hated school from junior high on, I’d be so dang happy to have had home schooling. It would have saved a lot of existential angst from being bullied.

I’m lucky I also didn’t get common core or anything, I did have some really bad teachers who had no business being in a classroom but were there solely to avoid the Vietnam draft. Not that I blame them, but they honestly knew their subjects but just couldn’t impart that knowledge.

I guess I’m saying is maybe the children are better off being at home. It’s just another six-seven weeks til the school year is over anyway.

Decent textbooks and a good teacher/prof can do a lot of good or damage. WRT textbooks, one could do worse than get a set of these, https://www.exodusbooks.com/basic-history-of-the-united-states/5391/ .

My son had to take an American History class at the local JC. His prof viewed everything through the lens of race, to which my son was immune. But my son walked out of class when the prof said that Eisenhower was only half a Nazi because he was only half German.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.