Author Topic: Our bills are due on May 1 — where is Congress?  (Read 179 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Our bills are due on May 1 — where is Congress?
« on: April 30, 2020, 06:46:27 pm »
Our bills are due on May 1 — where is Congress?
By Johanna Bozuwa and Peter Gowan, opinion contributors — 04/30/20 02:30 PM EDT

"I spent all of our money on food. [...]That’s all that I could do. For a family of five with no income, we didn't have enough for anything else."

Carly Eaves of Santa Fe, Calif., was describing the choice she had to make between paying her utility bills or feeding her family after she lost her job due to COVID-19. With the phone lines at her electric utility, Express Energy, clogged, Eaves couldn’t even apply for the deferred payments plan on her electricity bills, so the company cut her power.

Many more are facing losing their home entirely. Lowell Hickman, a tenant association vice president in Washington, D.C. who recently lost his job, said that residents in his building “are now coming to me more and more and asking ‘What do we do? Are they going to do a rent freeze? What happens when this is over? Are we going to pay back rent?’”

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/495465-our-bills-are-due-on-may-1-where-is-congress
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34