Author Topic: De Blasio's Tweet against Jews Is the Tip of the Iceberg  (Read 169 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
De Blasio's Tweet against Jews Is the Tip of the Iceberg
« on: April 30, 2020, 02:51:32 pm »
April 30, 2020
De Blasio's Tweet against Jews Is the Tip of the Iceberg
By Rabbi Aryeh Spero

Mayor de Blasio of New York City recently tweeted what has become a controversial tweet.  After hearing of a large gathering of Chasidic Jews in Brooklyn attending a funeral for a well known neighborhood rabbi, de Blasio tweeted: "My message to the  Jewish community, and all communities, is this simple: the time for warnings has passed. I have instructed the NYPD to proceed immediately to summons or even arrest those who gather in large groups."

While I don't think de Blasio is an anti-Semite, nonetheless, I would wager my last subway token that he would never publicly tweet against the Muslim, Hispanic, or black community in the general terms he did just now regarding the Jewish community.  He was wrong to extrapolate regarding the entire Jewish community based on something done by a subset — namely, the Chasidim of Brooklyn's Williamsburg and Boro Park sections.  He should have confined his remarks to them, not the 95% of the Jewish community that is not Chasidic and never will be.  The "sensitive," virtue-signaling mayor, like so many in the "progressive" community, confines his virtuousness to the preferred minorities that make up the intersectionality menu.

While too many Democrat governors and mayors are overstepping their bounds and, in authoritarian fashion, prohibiting citizens from practicing their basic constitutional rights of freedom of assembly, speech, and religion, as well as the right and need to make a living, practices such as social distancing used to stem the spread of the corona virus are correct and reasonable.  I understand, therefore, de Blasio's frustration regarding Tuesday's funeral situation inasmuch as this has happened repeatedly in the Chasidic community — namely, gatherings of dozens where social distancing is not practiced, and doing so at events where religious freedom does not demand the heavy crowding of people in order to pay their final respects.  They were wrong and displayed certain indifference.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/04/de_blasios_tweet_against_jews_is_the_tip_of_the_iceberg.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34