Author Topic: A Navy SEAL's Guide to Thriving in Close Quarters: Engagement Tactics  (Read 247 times)

rangerrebew

A Navy SEAL's Guide to Thriving in Close Quarters: Engagement Tactics
How to engage with teammates and build bonds that make us unstoppable.

Entrepreneur, CXO Advisor, Navy SEAL, Author and Speaker
April 28, 2020 5 min read

In my last article, I introduced to you the acronym R.E.M.O.T.E., which represents the six essential actions for operating in close quarters. Whether you are working inside a submarine (like I did) or inside an apartment, these R.E.M.O.T.E. actions will not only help you survive but also help you and your teammates thrive during these times.

To recap, the first action in R.E.M.O.T.E. is Routine, which is all about developing a structure to keep you focused via physical, professional and personal routines.

The second action is called Engage, and before I go into the details I want to share a brief story with you. One of the most well-known Navy SEAL training tests is called Hell Week. During this week of Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) training, candidates conduct around-the-clock drills doled out by three shifts of instructors, and are denied all but about three hours of sleep for the entire week.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/349810