Author Topic: Fauci, Trump And NIH Say Drug Remdesivir Shows Positive Signs In Treating Coronavirus  (Read 413 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Christian Datoc
Senior White House Correspondent
April 29, 2020 12:55 PM ET

President Donald Trump and Dr. Anthony Fauci both praised the drug Remdesivir during a press availability Wednesday at the White House.

The drug produced by Gilead Sciences is not a “knock out” cure, Fauci told reporters in the Oval Office, but showed several hopeful signs in a newly completed study by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), most notably a 3% decrease in the mortality rate compared to that in the placebo group. The drug also helped patients recover 31% quicker than those who did not take it. Fauci stated the study will next be submitted to a peer-reviewed journal.

“The reason why we’re making the announcement now is something that I believe people don’t fully appreciate,” Fauci said. “Whenever you have clear cut evidence that a drug works, you have an ethical obligation to immediately let the people who are in the placebo group know so that they could have access, and all of the other trials that are taking place now have a new standard of care.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/29/fauci-trump-drug-remdesivir-gilead-sciences-coronavirus-covid-19/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 06:04:20 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

“The reason why we’re making the announcement now is something that I believe people don’t fully appreciate,” Fauci said. “Whenever you have clear cut evidence that a drug works, you have an ethical obligation to immediately let the people who are in the placebo group know so that they could have access, and all of the other trials that are taking place now have a new standard of care.”

How much does this drug cost versus other drugs with clear cut evidence to work?

Offline PeteS in CA

I thought Trump disappeared Dr. Fauci. At least that's what I keep seeing FB Friends posting.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How much does this drug cost versus other drugs with clear cut evidence to work?
The others might even be off patent. Hydroxychloroquine/Azithromycin/Zinc Sulfate <$100, administered orally, over 5 days.

With Remdesivir, Gilead would have sole rights in the US, and manufacturing cost of $9/course (not likely to be that cheap to the consumer, because it is administered IV over 10 days).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis