Author Topic: Is Texas unveiling a Goldilocks model we’ve been waiting to see?  (Read 433 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is Texas unveiling a Goldilocks model we’ve been waiting to see?

Karen Townsend Posted at 11:01 am on April 28, 2020

Monday afternoon as promised, Governor Greg Abbott announced the end of the stay at home order when it expires on April 30. He presented a plan recommended by the Strike Force to Open Texas charged with coming up with a science-based, data-driven way forward for the re-opening of the state. Abbott said that Dr. Birx agrees the Texas plan is a good one.

See Also: Gulp: Q1 GDP plunges 4.8% in COVID-19 economic meltdown

First, an announcement by the city of Galveston started Monday off on a good note for beachgoers. Its beaches are now open but with very limited hours and strict rules for behavior while enjoying a visit to a beach. In the age of the coronavirus pandemic, the catch is that we have to take the good with the bad when it comes to reopening up the state. The beaches are only open from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. daily. The key rule to follow is that visitors must keep moving – no chairs, tents, or beach picnics are not allowed and vehicles are not allowed on the beach. Surfing, swimming, and fishing are allowed but social distancing is still in effect for those activities. Beaches in the unincorporated areas of Galveston County have been open since April 14.

more
https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2020/04/28/texas-unveiling-goldilocks-model-weve-waiting-see/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Seems overly cautious to me.

Texas has one of the lowest death rates per 100,000 of all the states.

Seems Abbott needs to concentrate on the vulnerable in the long term care facilities as well as the top 5 cities in the state and leave the rest of us alone.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

Is Texas unveiling a Goldilocks model we’ve been waiting to see?

Karen Townsend Posted at 11:01 am on April 28, 2020

Monday afternoon as promised, Governor Greg Abbott announced the end of the stay at home order when it expires on April 30. He presented a plan recommended by the Strike Force to Open Texas charged with coming up with a science-based, data-driven way forward for the re-opening of the state. Abbott said that Dr. Birx agrees the Texas plan is a good one.

See Also: Gulp: Q1 GDP plunges 4.8% in COVID-19 economic meltdown

First, an announcement by the city of Galveston started Monday off on a good note for beachgoers. Its beaches are now open but with very limited hours and strict rules for behavior while enjoying a visit to a beach. In the age of the coronavirus pandemic, the catch is that we have to take the good with the bad when it comes to reopening up the state. The beaches are only open from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. daily. The key rule to follow is that visitors must keep moving – no chairs, tents, or beach picnics are not allowed and vehicles are not allowed on the beach. Surfing, swimming, and fishing are allowed but social distancing is still in effect for those activities. Beaches in the unincorporated areas of Galveston County have been open since April 14.

more
https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2020/04/28/texas-unveiling-goldilocks-model-weve-waiting-see/
Screw all this panic and fear, I'm playing tennis on Saturday.  :laugh:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Seems overly cautious to me.

Texas has one of the lowest death rates per 100,000 of all the states.

Seems Abbott needs to concentrate on the vulnerable in the long term care facilities as well as the top 5 cities in the state and leave the rest of us alone.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien