Author Topic: Georgia kicks off chilling door-to-door COVID-19 blood collections  (Read 514 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Georgia kicks off chilling door-to-door COVID-19 blood collections
Washington Times, Apr 28, 2020

Let the government-pressed coronavirus-tied blood collections of citizens begin.

And begin they have.

They have in Georgia at least, where the state’s Department of Public Health recently announced, in cooperation with both Fulton County and Dekalb counties’ Boards of Health, that “to learn more about the spread of COVID-19,” an “investigation” has commenced — and it’s an “investigation” that’s leading government officials to make random stops at randomly selected residences and ask random citizens for, get this, their blood.

Citizens’ DNA in the hands of unelected government officials. Hmm, what could go wrong there?

Specifically, Georgia’s health wonks want to know “the percentage of people in the community who have been infected with the virus that causes COVID-19,” a statement on the state’s Department of Public Health webpage reads.

“All members of the households selected will be asked to participate, including children,” the announcement continues. “Participation is voluntary and you can ask investigation teams any questions you have before agreeing to participate.”

Like: Where’s my blood going?

Like: What happens if you learn I have COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus?

Like: What happens to my blood after you test it?

Like: Who is going to have access to my children’s blood?

Good questions, all.

Here’s another: Are you crazy?

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/28/georgia-kicks-chilling-door-door-covid-19-blood-co/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Georgia kicks off chilling door-to-door COVID-19 blood collections
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 09:24:51 am »
FTA

If government really wanted volunteers, government would post a flyer. Or send a letter.

The fact that government is knocking on doors means government, yes, wants “volunteers” — but also that government really, Really, REALLY wants everybody to, ahem, “volunteer.”

See the difference?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 10:13:00 am »
Volunteers for the war against COVID-19??? 9999hair out0000
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!
"ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY?!?" 
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 

Don't come back without my second check tyrant!!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 07:15:12 am »
I live in the Atlanta metro, and I understand the need for the testing.  It will help them pinpoint how broad the infection is to date.  The more people showing they have/had the disease, the better for the future of normal living.  If they came to my door, I would gladly have the test performed.  If I had the virus, as I believe I did, knowing I have antibodies would give me great peace of mind.

Plus, if I had it, I would probably give my blood or whatever to help those that have the infection and are in serious condition.