Author Topic: Karen Pence says vice president didn't know about Mayo Clinic mask policy until he left  (Read 487 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Karen Pence says vice president didn't know about Mayo Clinic mask policy until he left
By Brett Samuels - 04/30/20 10:12 AM EDT

Second lady Karen Pence said Thursday that Vice President Pence had been unaware of the Mayo Clinic's policy requiring all visitors to wear a face covering until after he left visited the facility on Tuesday.

"As our medical experts have told us, wearing a mask prevents you from spreading disease. And knowing he doesn’t have COVID-19, he didn’t wear one," she said said on "Fox & Friends."

"It was actually after he left Mayo Clinic that he found out they had a policy of asking everyone to wear a mask," the second lady continued. "So someone who’s worked on this whole task force for over two months is not someone who would have done anything offend anyone, or hurt anyone, or scare anyone."

The vice president's visit to Mayo Clinic was intended to highlight research being done on treatments for the coronavirus, specifically how the blood of recovering patients can be used. But the trip was largely overshadowed by his decision not to wear a face covering in defiance of the Mayo Clinic policy.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/495430-karen-pence-says-vice-president-didnt-know-about-mayo-clinic-mask
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DUH!...didn't he think it strange that everyone in the building was wearing a face mask!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

DUH!...didn't he think it strange that everyone in the building was wearing a face mask!

I’m sure he felt uncomfortable. Heck, I’m beginning to feel more uncomfortable on the city streets if I’m not wearing mine. (They won’t let you in a store without one).

Look, Mrs. Pence said what she had to, but we know why the Vice President wasn’t wearing one. It was a decision by Trump (and one I agree with) to deny the democrats chilling campaign attack ad visuals of Trump or his Vice President in masks, with the grave announcer’s voice and flashes of news headlines telling everyone the president’s incompetence brought us the deaths, the job losses, the misery. They would be emotionally powerful ads.

It’s Dirty Campaign Ads 101, and the president chose wisely. Most people out in the country think the masks are more symbol than substance, outside of a hospital setting, anyway. So, the veep forgot to wear it, big deal. It’s not as if the media would ever stop attacking what ever the Trump team does or doesn’t do.