Author Topic: ‘It Kind of Felt Like I Was Ending His Life’: Nurse Tells Heartbreaking Story of Facilitating Final  (Read 171 times)

rangerrebew

‘It Kind of Felt Like I Was Ending His Life’: Nurse Tells Heartbreaking Story of Facilitating Final FaceTime for Family of 
Dying Coronavirus Patient

By Mary Margaret Olohan Published on April 19, 2020 • 2 Comments

Ally Marcello, 24, works at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New York, where the coronavirus pandemic has taken the lives of more than 14,000 statewide.

Early Wednesday morning, while most of America slept, Marcello helped a family say their final goodbye to their father over FaceTime.

“We love you and we forgive you for anything,” she described the family members saying to their father. “You can go in peace.”

Nurse Ally Marcello works at the epicenter of New York’s coronavirus outbreak. At 1 a.m. on Wednesday, she held up a FaceTime call to help a family say their final goodbye to their father.

https://stream.org/it-kind-of-felt-like-i-was-ending-his-life-nurse-tells-heartbreaking-story-of-facilitating-final-facetime-for-family-of-dying-coronavirus-patient/

rangerrebew

The same thing happened to my brother's brother-in-law.