Author Topic: Amash launches exploratory committee for Libertarian presidential run  (Read 526 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Amash launches exploratory committee for Libertarian presidential run
By Tal Axelrod - 04/28/20 08:37 PM EDT

Rep. Justin Amash (I-Mich.) announced Tuesday that he has launched an exploratory committee to seek the Libertarian Party’s presidential nomination, his strongest indication yet that he will mount a third party White House bid.

“Today, I launched an exploratory committee to seek the @LPNational’s nomination for president of the United States. Americans are ready for practical approaches based in humility and trust of the people,” Amash tweeted.

“We’re ready for a presidency that will restore respect for our Constitution and bring people together. I’m excited and honored to be taking these first steps toward serving Americans of every background as president.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/495173-amash-launches-exploratory-committee-for-presidential-run
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Amash launches exploratory committee for Libertarian presidential run
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 01:09:20 am »
He'd go all the way to Allepo,  to take the nom away from Johnston, and all the way to Mass. to grab the nom away from Weld

I can see one ortwo of these 3rd party vanity types, living off a minor political party.

But dividing it 3 or even more ways, leaves slim pickings for each.

We're going to need more of these oddball parties for kooks.

Where's Justin Raimondo when you need him?

Pat Buchanan. better writer, than candidate. Ralf Nadir. Makin it a lifetime thing.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 02:06:36 am »
I'm not very familiar with him, but am reading elsewhere that he's tight with CAIR.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 03:51:58 am »
I'm not very familiar with him, but am reading elsewhere that he's tight with CAIR.

I don't know.  Do you have links.  His family is from Palestine but they are Christian.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 04:10:10 am »
Amash launches exploratory committee for Libertarian presidential run
By Tal Axelrod - 04/28/20 08:37 PM EDT

Rep. Justin Amash (I-Mich.) announced Tuesday that he has launched an exploratory committee to seek the Libertarian Party’s presidential nomination, his strongest indication yet that he will mount a third party White House bid.

“Today, I launched an exploratory committee to seek the @LPNational’s nomination for president of the United States. Americans are ready for practical approaches based in humility and trust of the people,” Amash tweeted.

“We’re ready for a presidency that will restore respect for our Constitution and bring people together. I’m excited and honored to be taking these first steps toward serving Americans of every background as president.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/495173-amash-launches-exploratory-committee-for-presidential-run

Please let this be true.

He will take virtually ZERO votes from the President...and will drain off unhappy Bernie Bros and NeverTrump deranged types who would otherwise vote Biden. Go Amash 2020!!!

President Trump should insist that Amash be included in all debates...maybe give him a starter loan to get his campaign off the ground.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 04:12:18 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 04:21:34 am »
Please let this be true.

He will take virtually ZERO votes from the President...and will drain off unhappy Bernie Bros and NeverTrump deranged types who would otherwise vote Biden. Go Amash 2020!!!

President Trump should insist that Amash be included in all debates...maybe give him a starter loan to get his campaign off the ground.

Amash is a Palestinian =HAMAS and his family has a lot of business in China.  I guess, you all know this.  Like Vindman & his twin brother have business in Ukraine. BOTH ANTI-AMERICANS and against POTUS.  Before Amash changed to independent, he claimed to be republican.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 04:32:24 am »
I don't know.  Do you have links.  His family is from Palestine but they are Christian.

Wikipedia says:

Justin Amash was born on April 18, 1980, in Grand Rapids, Michigan. His father, Attallah Amash, is a Palestinian Christian who immigrated to the United States in 1956 through the sponsorship of an American pastor and his family. His mother, Mimi, is a Syrian Christian who met his father through family friends in Damascus, Syria. They married in 1974.[6][7][8][9]

Wiki also says about his political views that Amash supports the so-called two-state solution to the Israel-Palestinian conflict.    He also is ok with "gay marriage." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Amash

So not a conservative -- a libertarian.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 04:42:32 am »
I would like to see, in my lifetime, the rise of another party in this country. Why do we have to have a choice between lousy candidates from two lousy parties?    I don't know that the Founders ever intended for two parties to have such a stranglehold on the electorate. 

Maybe if I'm lucky, the useless party (Republican) will fall apart and a new, truly conservative party will take its place.    Wishful thinking on my part late at night, but I can dream, can't I?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 08:13:27 am »
Please let this be true.

Not to damn you with praise @Mesaclone , but that is my thinking too.  Even worse @truth_seeker makes a good point earlier.   
He'd go all the way to Allepo,  to take the nom away from Johnston, and all the way to Mass. to grab the nom away from Weld

I can see one ortwo of these 3rd party vanity types, living off a minor political party.

But dividing it 3 or even more ways, leaves slim pickings for each.

Offline dancer

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 08:47:49 am »
Amash is owned by China.  His family owns Tecton Tools which are made in China but they give the illusion of being USA.  His father co-owns a company with China as well.  He does the No Name deal, votes R when it doesn't matter and on big issues sells us down the river.  He has always been an NTer, but got particularly rabid when PDJT imposed tariffs on goods made in China.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 08:49:35 am by dancer »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 10:19:14 am »
Justin Amash – the Anti-Trump, Libertarian Candidate for President – Needs to Sit Down.
Brian Almon
April 20, 2020
Rep. Justin Amash (I-MI) is considering a third party Presidential run, and it’s one of the dumbest things we’ve heard since CNN’s Brian Stelter began to hype now-convicted felon Michael Avenatti for the job.

Elected to the House of Representatives in 2010, libertarian Amash made headlines for his opposition to the far-left excesses of the Obama Administration. While he helped found the important House Freedom Caucus, Donald Trump’s election in 2016 appears to have driven Amash off the deep end.

“…he wants to have attention,” House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy explained last year as Amash backed impeachment for what we all now know as the “Russia hoax”.

Fooled by the media and co-opted by flawed intelligence agency behavior (read: FISA abuses), for a so-called libertarian, Amash sure did seem to buy the administrative state line. ...

Congressman Amash and his operate a family business called Tekton Tools, which claims its products are made in the USA. Local media reported that tools sold by Tekton are in fact manufactured in China.

He was also the only Republican to vote against President Trump’s emergency declaration for border wall funding, despite claiming to support border wall and immigration enforcement. ...
The National Pulse

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 10:21:44 am »
Justin Amash’s Business Interests in China Underscore His Push to Impeach Trump
It may be more than constitutionalism driving Amash’s dogged opposition to President Trump.
May 19, 2019
By Shane Trejo
Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) has become the darling of anti-Trump liberals following his declaration in favor of impeaching President Donald Trump yesterday.

While Amash acts like his support of impeachment is rooted in constitutional grounds, there may be a financial motive to his opposition to Trump. It has been revealed that Amash has significant business interests in China that may be harmed by Trump’s ‘America First’ trade policies.

In Amash’s financial disclosure forms for the year of 2015, he was shown as receiving up to $1 million in annual income due to his ownership stake in Michigan Industrial Tools (MIT). MIT is the parent company of Tekton Tools, Amash’s family business, that benefits directly from Chinese manufacturing. ...
More at Big League Politics

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 05:53:00 pm »
Amash on eyeing presidential bid: 'Millions of Americans' want someone other than Trump, Biden
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/495253-amash-on-eyeing-presidential-bid-millions-of-americans-want-someone-other
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34