Author Topic: Macy's plans to reopen 68 stores in US on Monday  (Read 531 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Macy's plans to reopen 68 stores in US on Monday
« on: April 30, 2020, 04:52:39 pm »
Macy's plans to reopen 68 stores in US on Monday
By Justine Coleman - 04/30/20 12:26 PM EDT

Macy’s is planning to reopen 68 stores in the U.S. on Monday as the beginning of its reopening process, the company announced Thursday.

The largest department store chain in the country aims to have all of its about 775 stores open again in six weeks if the coronavirus infections decline. After Monday, 50 other stores will reopen in the next phase on May 11, Reuters reported.

But the stores will adjust for a post-coronavirus world. The number of fitting rooms available will decrease and be sanitized frequently. The department stores’ reopening reflects other business plans that are attempting to restart slowly and with restrictions.

The stores that will reopen must be in areas where restrictions have been loosened, and management has to implement health and safety minimum standards and minimum staffing.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/495466-macys-plans-to-reopen-68-us-stores-on-monday
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Macy's plans to reopen 68 stores in US on Monday
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 11:42:51 pm »
Won't be opening where I live.  Most are in malls and the malls are shuttered.  Besides. the Goobernor keeps waffling on who can reopen and when. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 12:00:29 am »
Won't be opening where I live.  Most are in malls and the malls are shuttered.  Besides. the Goobernor keeps waffling on who can reopen and when.

Things are just starting to open things up a bit here.  I haven't had the need to shop at Macy's for well over 5 years .... they don't have anything that I really need or want.  Definitely not a place I'd venture to right now. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 12:25:30 am »
I just wish your commie governor would open hair salons. I'm getting desperate here.  :tremblant:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 12:28:51 am »
Things are just starting to open things up a bit here.  I haven't had the need to shop at Macy's for well over 5 years .... they don't have anything that I really need or want.  Definitely not a place I'd venture to right now.

I expect the closures from this virus are going to put Macy's, Penneys and similar retailers out of business.  At the very least, the brick and mortar stores are not going to survive.  This is especially so if the changes, such as fewer dressing rooms, any restrictions on the number of customers allowed in the store at one time, the need to wear face masks and all the other *bleep* goes into or stays in effect.  It hasn't been fun going to an actual store for a long time.  Going to be less so once these places reopen. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 12:31:41 am »
I just wish your commie governor would open hair salons. I'm getting desperate here.  :tremblant:

LOL You and me both.   :beer: