Author Topic: Richburg (NY) woman survives COVID-19: ‘We had gotten ready to say goodbye’  (Read 466 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
An inspiring story:

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/news/local/richburg-woman-survives-covid-19-we-had-gotten-ready-to-say-goodbye/article_554b4bd4-bbe4-5fa3-98a7-1b156226955f.html

by Cindy Wagner
April 25, 2020

Lene Jones was “at the brink.”

At 66, with the underlying health conditions of diabetes and COPD, she was lying in a Rochester General Hospital bed on a ventilator. A doctor told family members the outlook was “grim.”

But after 10 days on the ventilator and being given only a 20% chance of survival, Jones, a Richburg resident, is now in the Cuba Memorial Hospital Skilled Nursing Facility — well on her way to recovery.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
An inspiring story:

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/news/local/richburg-woman-survives-covid-19-we-had-gotten-ready-to-say-goodbye/article_554b4bd4-bbe4-5fa3-98a7-1b156226955f.html

by Cindy Wagner
April 25, 2020

Lene Jones was “at the brink.”

At 66, with the underlying health conditions of diabetes and COPD, she was lying in a Rochester General Hospital bed on a ventilator. A doctor told family members the outlook was “grim.”

But after 10 days on the ventilator and being given only a 20% chance of survival, Jones, a Richburg resident, is now in the Cuba Memorial Hospital Skilled Nursing Facility — well on her way to recovery.

(excerpt)

Great news.  We need to read of more stories like this!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Great news.  We need to read of more stories like this!
One thing that can give some hope is that even if you are older or high-risk, even if you are diagnosed as COVID+ you still have an 80% chance or more of surviving. It's not a death sentence and I hope stories like this can give some of our elders hope.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
One thing that can give some hope is that even if you are older or high-risk, even if you are diagnosed as COVID+ you still have an 80% chance or more of surviving. It's not a death sentence and I hope stories like this can give some of our elders hope.
Me too...and dispell some of the panic.

I am sure there are still people with the image of the chinese guy walking down the sidewalk and going face down in their heads, fearful they will die in their tracks (just like some accounts of the Black Death).

Yes, this kills people, but it is neither guaranteed to infect one, nor is it necessarily a death sentence.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis