Author Topic: Auto-beclowning: Leftists' outcry over Trump's 'Lysol' talk makes them look like fools  (Read 1236 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Adversity measures character, requiring self-discipline and impulse control.
As such, this pandemic has exposed Trump for what he has always been.
In front of plain people, for hours daily, they are shown a scowling hulk picking
fights w/ msm adversaries as well as his political allies, contradicting his
advisors as well as claiming awareness and knowledge he never had.
In a time of great agita and turmoil, Americans  are being deluged
w/more anger, ferment and turbulence; hardly a recipe for stability.
Yet November looms and w/a vengeance.
Manure.

I really can't recall a president who has been given the full court press of Media Hostility this one has from before his election. If he said "drink water" the press would find fault with that.

The media sift through every comment and every gesture and if they can't find something that meets their desires, they'll show video and tell us what he didn't say as if he did. All served up on an electronic platter for the generation that brought you the Tide Pod Challenge.

It's like blinding Gerald Ford with the lights and then laughing when he tripped over the camera cables.
When the purveyors of what you are supposed to think are this hostile, it doesn't matter what you do, they'll find something or even make it up (Like Tina Fey being quoted as Sarah Palin).

Jerk their chains. Might as well, they;re going to spread more crap than every organic farm in the country, only every day.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Manure.

I really can't recall a president who has been given the full court press of Media Hostility this one has from before his election. If he said "drink water" the press would find fault with that.

The media sift through every comment and every gesture and if they can't find something that meets their desires, they'll show video and tell us what he didn't say as if he did. All served up on an electronic platter for the generation that brought you the Tide Pod Challenge.

It's like blinding Gerald Ford with the lights and then laughing when he tripped over the camera cables.
When the purveyors of what you are supposed to think are this hostile, it doesn't matter what you do, they'll find something or even make it up (Like Tina Fey being quoted as Sarah Palin).

Jerk their chains. Might as well, they;re going to spread more crap than every organic farm in the country, only every day.

Agreed.  The MSM used up their righteous indignation about President Trump 6 months into the first term.  Mostly on irrelevancies like "covfefe." This would be a good spot for one of @Cyber Liberty 's "We Got Him Now!" posts.  I have no criticism for our President asking questions and speculating.  The guy is on camera 2 hours a day in front of an angry audience, answering their gotcha questions.  My only criticism might be he didn't deflect the media criticism by claiming he was being sarcastic, but I'm not sure anything I come up with would have worked better.

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1253753887258849280

Ezra Klein @ezraklein

The president isn't a comedian working out new material on the road. He knows that, we know that. He can apologize for speaking recklessly, or he can regret it quietly, but the media should not participate in a national gaslighting.   
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 07:55:29 am by Once-Ler »

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Once-Ler  I'm torn these days.  Half the time it's "We got 'im now" and the other half it's "Free Beer, Tomorrow!"  Depends on the nooze of the day...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 03:17:53 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Manure.

@Smokin Joe

Of course they hate him. He is not only NOT a Dim,but he's not even a politician. This is the sort of thing that can put them out of work because they don't know how to do actual research or how to think. They have all this history of "gotcha" questions they can use to embarrass career politicians and make themselves look smart,and every time they try this on Trump he fights back and makes THEM look stupid.

Reporters like career politicians,where all they have to do is do a little research in their paper's archives to find something they can hit him or her with,and then have back-up questions they are ready to roll with when the career politician responds with some sort of half-lie.

Trump turns the tables on them and asks THEM questions.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!