Author Topic: Social Distancing Isn’t a Religion  (Read 449 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Social Distancing Isn’t a Religion
« on: April 25, 2020, 04:24:15 pm »
Social Distancing Isn’t a Religion
National Review, Apr 24, 2020, Rich Lowry

<snip>

Early on in the crisis, CNN anchors spent 20 minutes inveighing against people walking, running, biking, and Rollerblading along San Francisco’s Embarcadero. Noting that some people were holding hands, Jake Tapper called it “enraging.” Of course, random strangers don’t hold hands, but people who are likely in close proximity whether they are enjoying a stroll or not.

Despite there being no indication that outdoor spaces abet the spread of the disease, parks have been shut down throughout the United States, and the closures are at times enforced with rigor. No less than Tom Brady was chased from a closed Tampa Bay park after he was discovered working out, apparently alone. A father in Colorado was briefly detained by police for the alleged offense of playing T-ball with his 6-year-old daughter on a softball field.

A sure sign of fanaticism is the inability to make distinctions, in this instance between risky and non-risky activities and between places hard hit and places not. It’s one thing to hold a day-long, 100-person family reunion in a public park, quite another to jog through one. It’s one thing to begin opening up in New York City, where there have been more than 10,000 deaths, and another to begin opening in Montana, where there have been 14.

Jacksonville, Fla., is the seat of Duval County. With a population of nearly a million people, the county has had 17 COVID-19 deaths. It is hardly a hot spot.

At least some of the spleen would be taken out of the coronavirus debate if people acknowledged that we live in a vast continental country, with radically different ways of life from one end of it to another. Not only are not all states the same, not all counties within states are the same.

More:  https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-restrictions-identical-lockdowns-not-needed-everywhere/#slide-1

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Social Distancing Isn’t a Religion
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 04:44:02 pm »
But it is to the collectivists. Everything with them is social, social, social, societal, hive mind, borg drone.

With them we must always behave in the proper way that our govt overlords and their media heralds dictate, and dance around like their little puppets.

How dare we question the Holy Enlightened Ones.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 07:36:05 pm »
We are hosting a famiy patio BBQ, seating well spaced, masks optional.  If you don't think we should, don't come.

Plenty of cpontroversy in families.

My SIL and I are the oldest, both "compromised."

Many of us think we had it over the winter, in accordance with LA, Santa Clara, other studies.

I'm Jonesing for my antibody test, to learn defitively. My Primary doc said not yet covered by insurance.

Outside now for 90 mins in 70 Fsun and cool ocean breeze, before the crowd comes.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 08:07:41 pm »
FTA:

Early on in the crisis, CNN anchors spent 20 minutes inveighing against people walking, running, biking, and Rollerblading along San Francisco’s Embarcadero. Noting that some people were holding hands, Jake Tapper called it “enraging.” Of course, random strangers don’t hold hands, but people who are likely in close proximity whether they are enjoying a stroll or not.

I'm sure Jake mentioned their prized prime-time anchor was caught leaving his much-touted basement quarantine in order to accost a bicyclist in the Hamptons and infect his own family, right? :pondering:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 12:31:00 am »
We are hosting a famiy patio BBQ, seating well spaced, masks optional.  If you don't think we should, don't come.

Plenty of cpontroversy in families.

My SIL and I are the oldest, both "compromised."

Many of us think we had it over the winter, in accordance with LA, Santa Clara, other studies.

I'm Jonesing for my antibody test, to learn defitively. My Primary doc said not yet covered by insurance.

Outside now for 90 mins in 70 Fsun and cool ocean breeze, before the crowd comes.

Are you taking their temperatures?  @truth_seeker ?  Or leaving that up to your guests??

I worry about you .... so keep everyone in direct sunlight!   happy77

« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 12:32:18 am by Right_in_Virginia »