Author Topic: The Untold Story of the Bay of Pigs Freedom Fight—59 Years Ago This Week  (Read 753 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Untold Story of the Bay of Pigs Freedom Fight—59 Years Ago This Week
Humberto Fontova

Posted: Apr 25, 2020 12:01 AM

“It’s a great honor and I’m humbled for this endorsement from these freedom fighters (Bay of Pigs Veterans Association)…You were fighting for the values of freedom and liberty that unite us all. (Candidate Donald Trump, receiving endorsement of Bay of Pigs veterans at the Bay of Pigs Museum in Miami, Florida, Oct. 25, 2016.)

'Shameless ELECTION YEAR PANDERING!' snort liberals. Well:

“I really admire toughness and courage, and I will tell you that the people of this brigade [Brigada 2506] really have that…you were let down by our country.” (Donald Trump, addressing Bay of Pigs Veterans at the Bay of Pigs Museum in Miami, Florida, November 1999.

Since liberals (and their libertarian kissing-cousins) mostly parrot versions of the Castro/KGB-concocted script on the Bay of Pigs, let’s clarify a few items:

First off—No, it wasn’t a matter of “Big Bad Bully” Uncle Sam waking up on the wrong side of the bed and deciding to punish an innocuous free-healthcare provider and “nationalist” who booted “The Mob” from Cuba.

In fact: The U.S. gave Castro’s regime its official benediction (diplomatic recognition) more rapidly than it had recognized Batista’s in 1952, and quickly lavished it with $200 million in subsidies.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/humbertofontova/2020/04/25/the-untold-story-of-the-bay-of-pigs-freedomfight59-years-ago-this-week-n2567572
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
My good friend Lorenzo was a Cuban that was left on the beach. He immigrated to the US after spending time in Cuban Prison. I worked with him for many years at JSC supporting the Space Shuttle.