Author Topic: Coronavirus spreads to Trump country  (Read 586 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Coronavirus spreads to Trump country
« on: April 24, 2020, 10:38:10 pm »
Coronavirus spreads to Trump country
By Reid Wilson - 04/24/20 04:20 PM EDT

The coronavirus pandemic that has hammered some of America's largest cities is now spreading to smaller rural areas, a progression that will bring a virus President Trump once downplayed to the doorsteps of voters who sent him to the White House.

Early epicenters of the disease in the United States have concentrated in urban settings. The first major outbreaks struck Seattle and San Francisco, followed by the greater New York City area that has suffered hundreds of thousands of confirmed cases.

But in recent weeks, the coronavirus has spread to rural areas, especially southern states like Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia and the Midwest, hitting Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska and Oklahoma.

Up until late March, 80 percent of the counties with high prevalence of the coronavirus were home to large urban cores, according to a new analysis by William Frey, a senior demographer at the Brookings Institution. But over the last three weeks, the share of suburban, small metropolitan and non-metropolitan areas experiencing coronavirus prevalence has grown.

Now, more than half the counties showing signs of rapid growth are outside metro areas.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/494561-coronavirus-spreads-to-trump-country
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Coronavirus spreads to Trump country
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 06:05:59 am »
We had one county show "rapid growth", when some 90 people working at a wind turbine blade manufacturing plant in Grand Forks County all tested positive at once. Biggest surge in the 1 1/2 month history of the outbreak here. (first case March 11).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 12:19:17 pm »
I believe Washington County in southwest Pennsylvania might be considered "Trump country." A local resident observed recently:
Bill Steigerwald @Steigerwald_B
·
Apr 23
As of today, in locked down Washington County, Pa., pop. 220,000 -- 87 infections, 2 deaths and a lot of cobwebs in local hospitals. In five-plus weeks.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 01:04:49 pm »
"Some worry,"  "concerned," blahblahblah.
ladystormbreaker  @ladystormbreak1
Replying to  @PolitiBunny
Read the article, the “concerned” is one urban Doctor.
7:59 AM · Apr 25, 2020
Quite possibly the most BSiest of all the BS ever written:
Epidemiologists are worried that the slow spread of the virus into rural America means it is only now arriving in communities that have been on lockdown for weeks. In conservative enclaves, many may see the virus's slow spread in their areas as evidence that Trump was right, and that the virus poses little risk to them or their community.

Put another way: The coronavirus landed among voters who favored former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2016. It is now spreading to voters who backed Trump.
I'm pretty sure the 'rona can seek and destroy people on the basis of their voting history.

I live in small town America (very close to the above-mentioned Washington County). No one here behaved as though the virus never would come here. Perhaps it won't come here because we don't have airports accepting travelers from China, who knows, but in my county are two, count them two, active cases. More people have died from drug overdoses than the virus since this dempanic began. And we're taking all the same precautions - distancing, masks, schools and businesses closed - as anywhere else. What utter BS of stereotyping the leftist media engages in!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 01:14:46 pm »
"Some worry,"  "concerned," blahblahblah.Quite possibly the most BSiest of all the BS ever written:I'm pretty sure the 'rona can seek and destroy people on the basis of their voting history.

I live in small town America (very close to the above-mentioned Washington County). No one here behaved as though the virus never would come here. Perhaps it won't come here because we don't have airports accepting travelers from China, who knows, but in my county are two, count them two, active cases. More people have died from drug overdoses than the virus since this dempanic began. And we're taking all the same precautions - distancing, masks, schools and businesses closed - as anywhere else. What utter BS of stereotyping the leftist media engages in!
We're in the same position up here. There've been around 30 cases each in both my county and the ones immediately to the east and west (most introduced from Buffalo), though the vast majority have recovered (10, 4 and 2 cases respectively are still active). We're now seeing opioid overdoses and suicides spike from the lockdowns.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 02:27:31 pm »
We're in the same position up here. There've been around 30 cases each in both my county and the ones immediately to the east and west (most introduced from Buffalo), though the vast majority have recovered (10, 4 and 2 cases respectively are still active). We're now seeing opioid overdoses and suicides spike from the lockdowns.
Ten cases, zero deaths in this county,
Of the 748 positive cases so far, 75% are in three counties in the State.
Twenty counties have zero cases.
Fourteen counties have one case.
Twelve counties have from 2 to 10 cases.
Four more counties pick up the remaining 16% of the cases, with 117 cases.

In terms of deaths, there have been 15 total, with over half occurring in one county, that county with 42% of the State's cases (Cass County, where Fargo is). The others are dispersed through five other counties.

(from https://bismarcktribune.com/news/local/health/with-28-more-coronavirus-cases-reported-north-dakota-sees-biggest-single-day-jump/article_48ec3afc-bf59-5aac-96f4-1d0ca72e2819.html )
ND coronavirus cases

The governor said a team from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has arrived in North Dakota.

While the team was diverted to help with the virus outbreak at the LM Wind Power manufacturing facility in Grand Forks where eight people tested positive earlier this week, it’s here because of North Dakota’s relatively low number of cases, Burgum said.

The team wants to share best practices from North Dakota with other states and will work with state health department officials and local officials on case identification, contact tracing and community mitigation, among other areas.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 03:24:40 pm »
The coronavirus pandemic that has hammered some of America's largest cities is now spreading to smaller rural areas, a progression that will bring a virus President Trump once downplayed to the doorsteps of voters who sent him to the White House.

Still beating that "Hoax" drum over at The Hill.   *****rollingeyes*****

It is a bit fun watching somebody try to make this another "Hillary vs Trump" story.  Everything is a Trump story.  If Niagra Falls were to stop flowing the story would be "Which Trump Tweet caused that?"  And there will be much nodding of the heads in agreement.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 05:58:23 pm »
Still beating that "Hoax" drum over at The Hill.   *****rollingeyes*****

It is a bit fun watching somebody try to make this another "Hillary vs Trump" story.  Everything is a Trump story.  If Niagra Falls were to stop flowing the story would be "Which Trump Tweet caused that?"  And there will be much nodding of the heads in agreement.
Well I'm suspicious of the CDC team, but we'll see if they start suddenly running all over and 'finding' more coronavirus deaths.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 08:47:11 pm »
We had one county show "rapid growth", when some 90 people working at a wind turbine blade manufacturing plant in Grand Forks County all tested positive at once. Biggest surge in the 1 1/2 month history of the outbreak here. (first case March 11).
So Covid shut down the manufacture of Raptor mulchers? Well I hope all the people recover but I can't say I'm unhappy if this postpones some installations or repairs.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2020, 12:18:55 am »
So Covid shut down the manufacture of Raptor mulchers? Well I hope all the people recover but I can't say I'm unhappy if this postpones some installations or repairs.
Yeah, the blades wear out...

Question is, with oil cheap, how many will actually be replaced?
Will "green" energy bite it because of the collapse in oil prices? (Oh, the irony).

C S Lewis