Author Topic: Detroit health care worker dies after being denied coronavirus test 4 times, daughter says  (Read 550 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/detroit-health-care-worker-dies-after-being-denied-coronavirus-test-n1192076

Deborah Gatewood had two years to go before she could retire from a Detroit hospital.

But Gatewood, a phlebotomist for three decades, will never celebrate that milestone.

She died April 17 from symptoms related to the coronavirus.

Her daughter said that prior to her mother's death, she was denied a coronavirus test four times by her employer, Beaumont Hospital, Farmington Hills.

If she's unwilling to tell them President Trump said anyone who wants a test can get a test last month, whose fault is it really?

Never tested but you know the fake news will count it as a COVID-19 death.

Offline Hoodat

prior to her mother's death, she was denied a coronavirus test four times by her employer, Beaumont Hospital, Farmington Hills.

As a medical professional, she should have known that permission for a test could only be issued by her physician, not her employer.  Fake outrage.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

As a medical professional, she should have known that permission for a test could only be issued by her physician, not her employer.  Fake outrage.

And numerous health plans pay 100% for both testing and care. So either some relevant information is missing from this story or it's substantially bogus.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

So either some relevant information is missing from this story or it's substantially bogus.
Let's see, it's from NBC News, so I'll guess both.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
My primary care doctor closed his practice and retired earlier this month. He's 80, I guess he figured it was a good time to do so, while the gettin' remained good.

So... that means as of now, I have no primary care doctor (I do have a caridology guy).

Since I believe most medical offices here in CT are pretty much closed for the time being (i.e. reduced or no "in-person" visits), getting a replacement primary care doctor isn't going to be easy (haven't tried that yet).

What happens if I get the [what I think is] the COVID virus and want to be tested? I have no doctor to "refer me" now.

I can see where this could be a problem for some, because it's a problem for me...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:48:00 pm by Fishrrman »

My primary care doctor closed his practice and retired earlier this month. He's 80, I guess he figured it was a good time to so so, while the gettin' remained good.

So... that means as of now, I have no primary care doctor (I do have a caridology guy).

Since I believe most medical offices here in CT are pretty much closed for the time being (i.e. reduced or no "in-person" visits), getting a replacement primary care doctor isn't going to be easy (haven't tried that yet).

What happens if I get the [what I think is] the COVID virus and want to be tested? I have no doctor to "refer me" now.

I can see where this could be a problem for some, because it's a problem for me...

This lady was in Detroit.  It seems quite possible she could have been in a similar situation.  I don't buy she was unaware of what she needed to do to get a test.  I do believe that if her employer, Beaumont Hospital, had done the test, and it came back positive, other people would have to be quarantined.  So die employee.

Online mountaineer

I'd call the county health dept and tell them you have no primary care doctor but you're pretty sure you need a test. It may vary from state to state, but my county health dept seems to be pretty involved in this process.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org