Author Topic: Trump: 'I disagree very strongly' with Georgia governor's decision to start reopening economy  (Read 585 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: 'I disagree very strongly' with Georgia governor's decision to start reopening economy
By Jessie Hellmann - 04/22/20 07:00 PM EDT

President Trump said Wednesday that he disagrees “very strongly” with Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp's (R) decision to allow bowling alleys, hair salons and other businesses to reopen on Friday.

“I want him to do what he thinks is right but I disagree with him on what he's doing,” Trump said at a White House press briefing Wednesday.

Trump said Kemp’s decision violates guidelines the administration issued last week for states to follow before reopening parts of their economy.

The president's comments come as Kemp said Monday businesses allowed to open will be required to stagger shifts, keep workspaces six feet apart and screen workers for respiratory illnesses and fevers.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/494231-trump-i-disagree-very-strongly-over-ga-governors-decision-to-reopen-economy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Because Trump's not a Dick-tater, nothing will come of this criticism.  The Governor of GA is free to do whatever he wants.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gemmarose

Leaving this here.
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline corbe

So Federalism, which Trump has hugged for the last 3 weeks, apparently has some rather obscure, vague clauses.    :shrug:
   I trust in my Governor, Abbott to do the right thing, all the time.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   So Federalism, which Trump has hugged for the last 3 weeks, apparently has some rather obscure, vague clauses.    :shrug:
   I trust in my Governor, Abbott to do the right thing, all the time.

I trust my Governor Ducey to do what the Democrat Mayors of the big cities want him to do.   **nononono*
I will NOT comply.

Offline Absalom

This issue created by CarnVir, defines and separates principled conservatives from those who
understand nothing of conservatism.
A foundation of Conservatism is decentralized authority which was birthed by Occam's Principle of Subsidiarity.
The foundation of the social order is the Family Unit.
As such, any matters involving authority/responsibility within that order are to be dealt
w/at their most immediate/local level consistent w/their resolution; starting at the lowest rank.
In simplest terms, problems should be resolved from the bottom up rather than the top down!

« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 04:20:47 am by Absalom »

Offline cato potatoe

This has to be the dumbest thing Trump has ever said.  We are entering an election year depression, and he just took ownership.