Author Topic: House votes to create select committee to oversee coronavirus response  (Read 701 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House votes to create select committee to oversee coronavirus response
By Cristina Marcos - 04/23/20 04:42 PM EDT

The House on Thursday voted to create a select committee to oversee the federal response to the coronavirus crisis, with Republicans accusing Democrats of trying to use it as a cudgel against President Trump during an election year.

The panel, to be led by House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.), is set up to include 12 members — seven Democrats and five Republicans — and will have broad investigative authority over how taxpayer dollars are allocated and the Trump administration’s preparations for the crisis.

A resolution to formally establish the select committee passed on a vote of 212-182 along party lines, with Rep. Justin Amash (I-Mich.) voting with Republicans in opposition.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced the creation of the committee earlier this month, but Thursday was the first time the full House could vote to officially establish the panel.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/494340-house-votes-to-create-select-committee-to-oversee-coronavirus-response
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is just another committee to investigate Trump...for possible impeachment..again
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is just another committee to investigate Trump...for possible impeachment..again

7 Rats to 5 Pubbies.  Sounds fair.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Pelosi !!#$^*^#*(&**  888mouth     9999hair out0000
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"House votes to create select committee to oversee coronavirus response"

What's really going on:
"House votes to create another select committee to find new ways to attack Mr. Trump"...

Offline PeteS in CA

So, let's welcome Judge Clyburnroo to his newly created Kangaroo Kourt. This could go over the cliff for the Dems in so many ways ... and I don't think he can hide testimony as classified the way Schifftyroo did and is still doing.

Yes it's outrageous, yes they will try to hinder/obstruct Trump Administration actions to deal with this coronavirus. It is also a half step short of being the stupidest possible thing the Dems could do. :pop41:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
These people need to stand in front of a pockmarked wall for a group shot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

Trump would gain 5% in approval points if he just told the House to f*** off.

Offline Idiot

These people need to stand in front of a pockmarked wall for a group shot.
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What?  They have done so well up to this point.  Having to ask for the money back.  Hoping that people don't realize how many rich companies made off with the money.

They should have just put Jared and Ivanka in control of the money.  Maybe the properties on 666 Fifth Avenue could use some.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 02:36:12 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: House votes to create select committee to oversee coronavirus response
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 02:39:50 am »
What?  They have done so well up to this point.  Having to ask for the money back.  Hoping that people don't realize how many rich companies made off with the money.

They should have just put Jared and Ivanka in control of the money.  Maybe the properties on 666 Fifth Avenue could use some.
All too typically, what the Congress said and what the Congress did are two different things.

Considering the political optics, I would prefer the GOP stand on principle, tell the Dems to eff off, and cut the crap from any Bill that wasn't going to the 'little' people in need.

Yeah, sure, and when I break wind it will smell of Jasmine and roses and I'll walk on water in the summertime.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 03:32:42 am »
All too typically, what the Congress said and what the Congress did are two different things.

Considering the political optics, I would prefer the GOP stand on principle, tell the Dems to eff off, and cut the crap from any Bill that wasn't going to the 'little' people in need.

Yeah, sure, and when I break wind it will smell of Jasmine and roses and I'll walk on water in the summertime.

I wish that the GOP had any principle left to stand on.  You are right.  Yeah sure.  I don't take pleasure in saying it either.  Truth is that the best excuse always is what liberal did it also or did worse.  Makes everything OK.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 03:41:23 am »
7 Rats to 5 Pubbies.  Sounds fair.
@Cyber Liberty
It's not.  If the rats wanted the truth, and had an ear for politics they would have made it 6-6 and announced it to Heaven.  Nothing but acrimony and ruin will come of this committee.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2020, 03:45:32 am »
@Cyber Liberty
It's not.  If the rats wanted the truth, and had an ear for politics they would have made it 6-6 and announced it to Heaven.  Nothing but acrimony and ruin will come of this committee.

That's by design.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2020, 04:00:54 am »
That's by design.
If it's unclear from my previous post...Agreed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2020, 04:03:28 am »
If it's unclear from my previous post...Agreed.

It's clear!  :beer:
I will NOT comply.