Author Topic: Cuomo Escaped His Quarantine, But Ripped the VP for Going Maskless  (Read 762 times)

rangerrebew

Cuomo Escaped His Quarantine, But Ripped the VP for Going Maskless
By Nicholas Fondacaro | April 28, 2020 11:54 PM EDT

Hypocrisy was the word of the day over on CNN’s PrimeTime, where host Chris “Fredo” Cuomo spent a portion of Tuesday’s show ripping Vice President Mike Pence for not wearing a facemask during a visit to the Mayo Clinic. But it has been well documented that Cuomo, who himself was actually infected with the coronavirus, had flouted rules about staying isolated by leaving his house and traveling, which ultimately got his family sick.

Cuomo began by noting the Mayo Clinic had put out a tweet explaining that they had told the VP’s team about the mask policy. “Now, you can delete a tweet, you can't delete reality. Take a look. The VP was the only one who chose not to wear a mask. Why not,” Cuomo declared. He then scoffed at Pence’s explanation that he wanted to “look them in the eye.” In other words, share a human moment by speaking face to face.

“Was the mask cover your eyes,” Cuomo chided, thinking he was witty.

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2020/04/28/cuomo-escaped-his-quarantine-ripped-vp-going-maskless

Offline Applewood

Re: Cuomo Escaped His Quarantine, But Ripped the VP for Going Maskless
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 01:39:37 pm »
They were both idiots for putting people at risk, but even more important to me is that these leaders tell us we have to self-isolate, have to wear masks, have to socially distance, but they don't.  These are supposed to be our leaders.  Best leadership is by example.  But they don't do that. 

And they wonder why people are flocking to the beach or assembling en masse without masks or doing any social distancing.   People figure, why should they follow the rules if their leaders don't?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 01:44:01 pm »
They were both idiots for putting people at risk, but even more important to me is that these leaders tell us we have to self-isolate, have to wear masks, have to socially distance, but they don't.  These are supposed to be our leaders.  Best leadership is by example.  But they don't do that. 

The Vice President is negative for the virus @Applewood   He put no one at risk.

According to the guidelines developed by Fauci and Birx wearing a face covering is optional (for about six reasons).  Stop looking for someone else to "lead" you and make up your own damn mind.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 01:47:57 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 02:09:51 pm »
The Vice President is negative for the virus @Applewood   He put no one at risk.

How do you know the VP is negative for the virus?  Was he tested?  And even if he was, it's possible he could have become positive after he was tested.  He could have no symptoms, yet be a carrier of the disease.

According to the guidelines developed by Fauci and Birx wearing a face covering is optional (for about six reasons).  Stop looking for someone else to "lead" you and make up your own damn mind.

Those CDC guidelines have been incorporated into state orders as a requirement, not as an option.  What are the rules in Minnesota?  If the state requires a face covering, then the VP violated a state rule. 

Regardless -- I'm tired of rules only for the peasants, but not for the kings.  Presumably, Pence was worried about how it would look if he wore a mask.  I say it looked bad that he didn't wear one. 

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 03:48:21 pm »
How do you know the VP is negative for the virus?  Was he tested? 

Yes, more than once @Applewood  ... and all interacting with him (and the President), including reporters and children/spouses, are tested. 

Those CDC guidelines have been incorporated into state orders as a requirement, not as an option.  What are the rules in Minnesota?  If the state requires a face covering, then the VP violated a state rule. 

Well, don't waste time here ... march down Pennsylvania Avenue and make a citizen's arrest and become an instant heroine.

Regardless -- I'm tired of rules only for the peasants, but not for the kings.  Presumably, Pence was worried about how it would look if he wore a mask.  I say it looked bad that he didn't wear one.

Okay ... I don't know if it's how he looked .... but since this makes you happy, let's go with it.   :shrug:

BTW, have you chosen to wear a mask in public?

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 04:56:33 pm »
DeBlasio literally had a HUGE crowd of nurses assembled just for him to take this photo. Look at how he isn’t even wearing a mask. The hypocrisy from this tyrant is unbelievable. https://t.co/sHbixLOR3J pic.twitter.com/yurH6L5vdr— Kyle Kashuv (@KyleKashuv) April 29, 2020

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 07:02:03 pm »
Yes, more than once @Applewood  ... and all interacting with him (and the President), including reporters and children/spouses, are tested. 

Ok, but there is the other side of this as well.  How does the VP know anyone he came in contact with at Mayo didn't have COVID 19?

Well, don't waste time here ... march down Pennsylvania Avenue and make a citizen's arrest and become an instant heroine.

Now why would I want to do that?  I'm sure I'm not the only one objecting to his failure to wear a mask at Mayo and I'm sure he's getting plenty of flak for it from others.  And by extension so will Trump, I'm sure.  Really, why would Trump and Pence at this stage want to invite trouble?  Re-election in November is not a sure thing, despite what polls might say.  I should think both men would want to try to avoid controversy, not bring it upon themselves.  But hey --  they are grownups.  If they say or do things to turn away voters, well, it's not my worry.

Okay ... I don't know if it's how he looked .... but since this makes you happy, let's go with it.   :shrug:

BTW, have you chosen to wear a mask in public?

It's ok.  We are allowed to agree to disagree here.  And as to my wearing a mask:   Well, I had to yesterday when I went to the doctor.  The doctor's office is located in a medical office building attached to a hospital.  The hospital, the medical building annex and the doctor all require a face covering.  Otherwise -- no admittance.   Unlike those in high positions (not just Trump or the VP), I abide by the rules, even though I don't like them. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 09:26:11 pm »
R in Va wrote:
"The Vice President is negative for the virus.  He put no one at risk."

He put HIMSELF at risk. And if by chance he picked up the virus, but silently, he might still be able to infect others. Including the president.

What a jerk. This shows why even if Pence ever gets to be president, it will be only for a single term.

The arrogance of these high officials (and YES, that includes Republicans).
Haven't they read about Boris Johnson...?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 09:54:41 pm »
R in Va wrote:
"The Vice President is negative for the virus.  He put no one at risk."

He put HIMSELF at risk. And if by chance he picked up the virus, but silently, he might still be able to infect others. Including the president.

What a jerk. This shows why even if Pence ever gets to be president, it will be only for a single term.

The arrogance of these high officials (and YES, that includes Republicans).
Haven't they read about Boris Johnson...?

Zactly!   :beer:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 10:33:48 pm »
https://pjmedia.com/columns/stacey-lennox/2020/04/29/vice-president-mike-pence-is-not-an-idiot-n386544

Sorry, Guys. Mike Pence Is Not an Idiot for Not Wearing a Mask at the Mayo Clinic
BY STACEY LENNOX APR 29, 2020 4:38 PM EST

First, the president, vice president, and members of the White House staff are routinely tested. Pence and President Trump have disclosed negative tests on a number of occasions when questioned. Second, if you think regular staff and visitors to the White House are not routinely tested before coming in contact with Trump or Pence, you aren’t thinking.

Finally, most important, to prevent the transmission of disease between two people, you need a single barrier. This is the basis of what are called universal precautions in infection control. ...
Because a single barrier is required between two people, the video of Vice President Pence is completely in line with appropriate precautions. The healthcare workers are more likely to be carriers of the virus. They are placing a barrier between themselves and the vice president. Pence’s hands are basically glued to his sides, avoiding all surfaces and physical contact. ...

Whomp-Whomp!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 10:55:42 pm »
Sorry, Guys. Mike Pence Is Not an Idiot for Not Wearing a Mask at the Mayo Clinic

No.  Sorry, guys, I still say Pence was a jerk for not following the guidelines, rules and regulations that are in place for the rest of us -- just as Cuomo was a jerk for breaking his quarantine, just as my state and local officials are for  telling us we have to self-isolate, have to wear masks in public, have to social distance, etc. etc. and then not doing those things themselves.  All these guys are wrong and deserve to be called out for their arrogance.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 11:37:49 pm »
No.  Sorry, guys, I still say Pence was a jerk for not following the guidelines, rules and regulations that are in place for the rest of us -- just as Cuomo was a jerk for breaking his quarantine, just as my state and local officials are for  telling us we have to self-isolate, have to wear masks in public, have to social distance, etc. etc. and then not doing those things themselves.  All these guys are wrong and deserve to be called out for their arrogance.

So you're moving the goalposts from Pence endangered others to Pence put himself in danger to Pence is a jerk because he didn't do something that wasn't necessary at the time where he was. Got it.

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2020, 05:05:02 pm »
Karen Pence says vice president didn't know about Mayo Clinic mask policy until he left

"It was actually after he left Mayo Clinic that he found out they had a policy of asking everyone to wear a mask," the second lady continued. "So someone who’s worked on this whole task force for over two months is not someone who would have done anything to offend anyone or hurt anyone or scare anyone."
On Tuesday, the clinic tweeted, then deleted, a message that it informed Pence of its masking policy prior to his arrival in Rochester.

"Mayo shared the masking policy with the VP’s office," the clinic said in an emailed statement after deleting the tweet.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/495430-karen-pence-says-vice-president-didnt-know-about-mayo-clinic-mask

Offline Applewood

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2020, 05:09:46 pm »
So you're moving the goalposts from Pence endangered others to Pence put himself in danger to Pence is a jerk because he didn't do something that wasn't necessary at the time where he was. Got it.

I didn't move any goal posts.  What I said were good reasons for him to wear the mask 

He was wrong for not wearing the mask.  And as the Hill pointed out in the article I cited above, his good intentions in visiting the clinic have now been overshadowed by his foolish decision.  This is not the time to do something foolish.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2020, 08:02:30 pm »
And I guess the VP learned his lesson.  He wore a mask today:

Vice President Mike Pence wears coronavirus mask after criticism for Mayo Clinic visit

Vice President Mike Pence wore a mask during a visit to an Indiana facility making ventilators Thursday, two days after igniting a storm of criticism for failing to put on a mask for a tour of the renowned Mayo Clinic despite coronavirus restrictions there.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/vice-president-mike-pence-wears-coronavirus-mask-after-criticism-for-mayo-clinic-visit/ar-BB13qXOT?ocid=msedgdhp

Offline verga

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 09:19:54 pm »
Cuomo Escaped His Quarantine, But Ripped the VP for Going Maskless
By Nicholas Fondacaro | April 28, 2020 11:54 PM EDT

Hypocrisy was the word of the day over on CNN’s PrimeTime, where host Chris “Fredo” Cuomo spent a portion of Tuesday’s show ripping Vice President Mike Pence for not wearing a facemask during a visit to the Mayo Clinic. But it has been well documented that Cuomo, who himself was actually infected with the coronavirus, had flouted rules about staying isolated by leaving his house and traveling, which ultimately got his family sick.

Cuomo began by noting the Mayo Clinic had put out a tweet explaining that they had told the VP’s team about the mask policy. “Now, you can delete a tweet, you can't delete reality. Take a look. The VP was the only one who chose not to wear a mask. Why not,” Cuomo declared. He then scoffed at Pence’s explanation that he wanted to “look them in the eye.” In other words, share a human moment by speaking face to face.

“Was the mask cover your eyes,” Cuomo chided, thinking he was witty.

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2020/04/28/cuomo-escaped-his-quarantine-ripped-vp-going-maskless
If it weren't for double standards, well.... you know the rest.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.