Author Topic: Iran's Revolutionary Guards chief vows to 'destroy' US warships that 'threaten' country's security  (Read 586 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Iran's Revolutionary Guards chief vows to 'destroy' US warships that 'threaten' country's security
by Anthony Leonardi
 | April 23, 2020 08:33 AM

The head of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps said the country would "destroy" American warships that threaten its presence in the Gulf.

Maj. Gen. Hossein Salami told Iranian state television on Thursday that the fighting force would take out any U.S. warship it believes threatened the "security" of Iranian naval vessels, according to Reuters.

“I have ordered our naval forces to destroy any American terrorist force in the Persian Gulf that threatens security of Iran’s military or nonmilitary ships,” Salami said. “Security of the Persian Gulf is part of Iran’s strategic priorities."

“I am telling the Americans that we are absolutely determined and serious in defending our national security, our water borders, our shipping safety, and our security forces, and we will respond decisively to any sabotage,” he added. “Americans have experienced our power in the past and must learn from it.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/irans-revolutionary-guards-chief-vows-to-destroy-us-warships-that-threaten-countrys-security
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am predicting that is not going to end well for them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am predicting that is not going to end well for them.

The only thing keeping their "navy" afloat is the lack of a standing order to blast them off the surface of the Gulf.  I believe that order was recently issued?  I'm sure the Squids are champing at the bit for a little payback for seizing a ship in International waters a while back. 

Picking off speedboats will be a good opportunity for small-target practice.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

If his private orders match his public bluster, some Iranian sailors are likely to hear, "Brrrrrt,boom!" and then be greeted by their 72 Helen Thomases.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If his private orders match his public bluster, some Iranian sailors are likely to hear, "Brrrrrt,boom!" and then be greeted by their 72 Helen Thomases.

Marine fighters dispatched from an aircraft carrier would make short work of the speedboats.  Just about anything from a carrier would do the same, they are not battle-worthy boats.  Their entire purpose is to harass civilian ships and bait real Navy ships.

The only tool the Navy has lacked was the willingness of a Commander in Chief to issue a standing order to simply destroy any ship that threatens their right-of-way in International waters.  Wasn't that very order issued in the past week?  The Iranians already created a "state of war" with the US Navy when they seized a Navy vessel and held the crew hostage.  I see no reason to soft-soap the Iranians.  I never saw a reason for that, yet it's been the SOP ever since the Revolution in 1979.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Every action the Obama administration took regarding Iran was to Iran's benefit.
It is very reasonable to say that Obama was pro-Iranian Revolution and was on the side of the Mullahs.
Obama would have NEVER allowed American forces to attack anything which was Iranian or an Iranian interest.
This caused them to expand and to become incredibly aggressive. Because they believed they had an ally in the W.H.
Obama Hussein and his 'mommy' Jarrett (who is actually Iranian by birth) allowed Iran to do anything they wanted to do.
Not only did Iran face no punishment of any kind no matter what blatantly aggressive and illegal actions they committed, but they were actually rewarded by the Obama administration.

It is the hope of very many Iranians and many countries all over the world that President Trump will reverse this favorable slant America has shown toward the dictatorial Islamic theocracy the Mullahs have forced on Iran and who rule the country and the entire region with a draconian iron fist.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Marine fighters dispatched from an aircraft carrier would make short work of the speedboats.

@Cyber Liberty

Only necessary if the commander wants to please his Marines,who MUST be bored out of their freaking minds from just riding around on a boat.

Just about anything from a carrier would do the same, they are not battle-worthy boats.  Their entire purpose is to harass civilian ships and bait real Navy ships.

I believe most Naval ships have 40mm cannons,as well as 50 caliber machine guns. No matter how fast a speedboat is,it just ain't THAT fast.

The only tool the Navy has lacked was the willingness of a Commander in Chief to issue a standing order to simply destroy any ship that threatens their right-of-way in International waters.

Yup. It's even the only reason  the Iranians even HAVE any boats left. Or facilities to build new ones. You really do NOT want to piss off a carrier battle group. Seriously.

Wasn't that very order issued in the past week?

I don't know.

The Iranians already created a "state of war" with the US Navy when they seized a Navy vessel and held the crew hostage.  I see no reason to soft-soap the Iranians.

Nuke 'em until they glow,and then you can shoot them in the dark. They would be in SOOOO much deep doo-doo if I were the CIC.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

@Cyber Liberty

Only necessary if the commander wants to please his Marines,who MUST be bored out of their freaking minds from just riding around on a boat.

I believe most Naval ships have 40mm cannons,as well as 50 caliber machine guns. No matter how fast a speedboat is,it just ain't THAT fast.

Yup. It's even the only reason  the Iranians even HAVE any boats left. Or facilities to build new ones. You really do NOT want to piss off a carrier battle group. Seriously.

I don't know.

Nuke 'em until they glow,and then you can shoot them in the dark. They would be in SOOOO much deep doo-doo if I were the CIC.

Dittos.  I've detested the Persians since before the '79 revolution.  My brother, who was good at making friends with anybody liked them, but I always thought of them as just another bunch of violent people who beat up their girlfriends because they were too cowardly to take a swing at a man who would kick their asses up to their shoulders.  This perspective has worn well over time.  9/11/01 was not a surprise to me.

This was well before I discovered the innate violence of the Religion of Pieces.  I just knew the individuals and that was enough.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The U.S. Navy Has a Plan to Destroy Any Swarm Boat Attacks by Iran

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/us-navy-has-plan-destroy-any-swarm-boat-attacks-iran-78126

To counter small boat threats, the Navy has been working on specific defense scenarios wherein surface ships are attacked in exercises by swarms of armed small boats. Much of this has involved combat preparations with services’ Littoral Combat Ship -- to prepare a suite of integrated weapons systems and sensors for major ocean warfare - including missiles, guns, drones and inflatable boats.

The assessments are intended to help pave the way for deployment of the Navy’s Surface Warfare Mission Package (SUW), an integrated system of weapons being prepared for combat by the Navy. SUW is engineered to destroy small craft approaching at speeds up to 35 knots or more, Navy developers say. The weapons are intended to reinforce one another and operate in a synchronized fashion.

The SUW’s Missile Module is comprised of 24 ship-fired Longbow Hellfire Missiles, 30-and-57mm guns, 11-meter rigid hull inflatable boats, helicopters and vertical-take-off-and-landing ship-launched drones. Ship launched Hellfires, for instance, can utilize all-weather millimeter wave radar, inertial guidance or semi-active laser targeting to fire upon enemy ships, helicopters, fixed-wing assets or drones attacking the LCS. The concept with the overall module is to enable each platform to function as a “node” on a larger network.