State Chapters > State Politics/Government

Trump: 'I disagree very strongly' with Georgia governor's decision to start reopening economy

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
Trump: 'I disagree very strongly' with Georgia governor's decision to start reopening economy
By Jessie Hellmann - 04/22/20 07:00 PM EDT

President Trump said Wednesday that he disagrees “very strongly” with Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp's (R) decision to allow bowling alleys, hair salons and other businesses to reopen on Friday.

“I want him to do what he thinks is right but I disagree with him on what he's doing,” Trump said at a White House press briefing Wednesday.

Trump said Kemp’s decision violates guidelines the administration issued last week for states to follow before reopening parts of their economy.

The president's comments come as Kemp said Monday businesses allowed to open will be required to stagger shifts, keep workspaces six feet apart and screen workers for respiratory illnesses and fevers.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/494231-trump-i-disagree-very-strongly-over-ga-governors-decision-to-reopen-economy

Cyber Liberty:
Because Trump's not a Dick-tater, nothing will come of this criticism.  The Governor of GA is free to do whatever he wants.

Gemmarose:
Leaving this here.

corbe:
   So Federalism, which Trump has hugged for the last 3 weeks, apparently has some rather obscure, vague clauses.    :shrug:
   I trust in my Governor, Abbott to do the right thing, all the time.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Gemmarose on April 23, 2020, 09:14:47 pm ---Leaving this here.

--- End quote ---

:happyhappy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version