Author Topic: Governors describe what's needed from the feds to open state economies  (Read 371 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Governors describe what's needed from the feds to open state economies
by Kerry Picket
 | April 21, 2020 07:17 PM

Leaders of the National Governors Association sent a letter to congressional leadership in both parties detailing economic damage from coronavirus pandemic closures and describing how the federal government can help.

The letter, signed by NGA Chairman Larry Hogan, Republican governor of Maryland, and NGA Vice Chairman, Andrew Cuomo, Democrat governor of New York, was sent before the Senate passed by voice vote a $484 billion coronavirus relief package. The House is likely to clear the bill on Thursday.

“As governors, we prioritize the health and welfare of our citizens above all other considerations. In response to the crisis and to ensure the safety of our citizens, we closed non-essential businesses, limited large gatherings, and implemented stay-at-home orders. We did not make these decisions lightly. As a result, our national and local economies are in dire straits and have resulted in the most dramatic contraction of the U.S. economy since World War II,” the letter states.

“Many states are already reporting precipitous declines in revenues that fund state services in health care, education, public safety, transportation, and other vital programs."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/governors-describe-whats-needed-from-the-feds-to-open-state-economies
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
This may not have worked in New York because of the density and the public transportation.  But here in Washington they could have allowed businesses to stay open with social distancing.  We go to work by car, not subway.  In Seattle more use public transportation.  It is always promoted, but in this instance it is the outskirts that could have saved businesses.  They could have saved so much by keeping businesses open.  If your in a 10,000 square foot building with 10-15 workers you can practice safe distance working with masks.  We have been doing it as an essential worker.  I understand people's frustration.  Everyone is essential.  Their jobs are essential to their wellbeing. If 20 employee's can cram into a shift at a McDonalds then 10 workers can run machines in a manufacturing plant safely.  They can space work benches.  Reduce workforce if they have to but stay open. 

Well its a shame.  We shouldn't wait.  We should open our businesses right now if they can do it safely.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
How will schools reopen in the fall?
Since a vaccine probably won't yet be available, what precautions will be taken to prevent the spread of infection amongst students?
Will they all be required to be "masked" at all times (except, possibly, at lunchtime)?
Staff, too (I would think that's a given)?

Kids are least affected by the virus, but it will probably have the idea vector to spread rapidly from students to their parents, grandparents, etc.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Damn I thought there was only one answer, at least for the Dem governors.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online libertybele

Damn I thought there was only one answer, at least for the Dem governors.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Ya...but it's a crime....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 02:37:18 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

In other words, we made a colossal mistake, and have learned nothing from it.  Now it's time for you to print some money.