Author Topic: Dan Patrick says “there are more important things than living and that’s saving this country”  (Read 408 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/04/21/texas-dan-patrick-economy-coronavirus/

After facing intense criticism for suggesting on Fox News last month that he’d rather perish from the new coronavirus than see instability in the state’s economic system, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said last night that he’s thankful Texas is beginning the process of reopening its economy because the restrictions are currently “crushing small businesses” and the economic market.

“I’m sorry to say that I was right on this and I’m thankful that now we are now finally beginning to open up Texas and other states because it’s been long overdue,” he told interview host Tucker Carlson.

“What I said when I was with you that night is there are more important things than living. And that’s saving this country for my children and my grandchildren and saving this country for all of us,” Patrick said. “I don’t want to die, nobody wants to die, but man we’ve got to take some risks and get back in the game and get this country back up and running.”

More at link.

These people clinging to lives and safety are becoming very inconvenient.  I realize we are talking about what they do with their own bodies, but I think all society should have a say in it.  This virus could last for 9 months and we are only in the first trimester.  If they refuse to deliver themselves from their protective and healthy rooms into the late term we may need to use more invasive methods.