Author Topic: Cuomo taps Mike Bloomberg to run New York's coronavirus test and trace 'army'  (Read 507 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Cuomo taps Mike Bloomberg to run New York's coronavirus test and trace 'army'
Just the News, Apr 22, 2020

Gov. Andrew  Cuomo announced Wednesday that Mike Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York City and failed presidential candidate, will help the state develop and lead a program to test for Covid-19 and trace people who have had contact with infected individuals.

Cuomo says if people test positive for coronavirus, the “tracing army,” will trace all the contacts of that positive person, and then putting those people in isolation so no other people are infected.

"How do we do it?” Cuomo said. “I don’t know, we’ve never done it before. Michael Bloomberg will design the program, design the training, he’s going to make a financial contribution also, put together an organization that’s going to help hire the people. ... This has to happen, you don’t have months to plan to do this, you have weeks to get this up and running."

Bloomberg has committed $10 million to the project, he said.

Cuomo promised to build a “contact tracing army” in partnership with Connecticut and New Jersey, as the region attempts to move past its coronavirus outbreak.

“It’s best to do this tracing on a tri-state area,” Cuomo said. “Why? Because that’s how our society works. The virus doesn’t stop at jurisdictional boundaries.”

More w/video:  https://justthenews.com/video/cuomo-taps-mike-bloomberg-run-help-new-yorks-coronavirus-test-and-trace-army

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This "tracing" scheme frightens me most of all.

Let's hope people revolt against this.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

This is why I always say, "Nay!  New Yawker's stay! (Away from me...)"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

It frightens me as well ... although I thought a 'task force' had already been appointed for each state? 

All they have to do is come knock on your door, say that Joe or Jane Doe was in the same store, parking lot, office, etc., as you, and that they need to quarantine you -- come with us.

They have shown pictures of people in Michigan with AK-47's on the back of a jeep -- and some of the protestors on the capital steps were armed.  Excessive?  Quite frankly, I'm glad to see it.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It frightens me as well ... although I thought a 'task force' had already been appointed for each state? 

All they have to do is come knock on your door, say that Joe or Jane Doe was in the same store, parking lot, office, etc., as you, and that they need to quarantine you -- come with us.

They have shown pictures of people in Michigan with AK-47's on the back of a jeep -- and some of the protestors on the capital steps were armed.  Excessive?  Quite frankly, I'm glad to see it.

The States have shown a willingness to arrest and jail first, and only then ask questions later after you pay a huge fine.  Take the surfer who was surfing alone.  Gets arrested and thrown in jail, with dozens of violations of "social distancing" by the cops in the process.  I just don't trust bureaucrats with the use of any sort of discretion!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: