Author Topic: Democrats won't allow a good crisis to go to waste — and neither will Trump By Bernard Goldberg  (Read 385 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats won't allow a good crisis to go to waste — and neither will Trump
By Bernard Goldberg, opinion contributor — 04/22/20 11:00 AM EDT

It’s no secret that the 2020 presidential election will be a referendum on how President Trump has handled the pandemic that has put millions of Americans out of work and sent tens of thousands to the hospital — or to the morgue.

And with the election just a little over six months away, neither side is giving an inch: The president won’t take responsibility for anything that’s gone wrong, and Democrats won’t give him credit for anything that’s gone right.

Running for reelection during a worldwide pandemic and a possible recession, or maybe even a depression, isn’t what Donald Trump had in mind just a few months ago when the economy was strong and no one had ever heard of COVID-19.

But harsh reality has a way of putting things into focus. So now both Trump and Joe Biden, the Democrats’ presumptive nominee, are reminded that American history is strewn with the political corpses of presidents who were at the helm during times of crisis.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/493802-democrats-wont-allow-a-good-crisis-to-go-to-waste-and-neither-will-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Missing from Goldfarb's list of crisis Presidents is FDR.  Pearl Harbor was his. 

Bernie Goldfarb is no friend of conservatism.  He's just a bit less leftist than most of the press, which has gone full Commie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

Goldberg is off the mark here. He's criticizing Trump for past actions, good or bad, rather than what he's doing now.
He says Trump is making mistakes without bothering to list the mistakes.
He says just about nothing concerning  the Dems during this crisis.
Goldberg has written good stuff in the past criticizing Dems, but does not do it here.
Again, this is TDS

Offline skeeter

Missing from Goldfarb's list of crisis Presidents is FDR.  Pearl Harbor was his. 

Bernie Goldfarb is no friend of conservatism.  He's just a bit less leftist than most of the press, which has gone full Commie.

Goldberg should've should've saved his creative energies - he says exactly zero in this essay.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Just Pearl Harbor?  How about the depths of  the worst of the depression 1932-1940 (which he handled miserably)

FDR has always made my list of worst 3 POTUS in US history.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

Just Pearl Harbor?  How about the depths of  the worst of the depression 1932-1940 (which he handled miserably)

FDR has always made my list of worst 3 POTUS in US history.
FDR is responsible for three things:  leading the country during The Great Depression, being in charge during WWII, and setting up the modern welfare state.
The latter is the chief reason Democrats regard him as a hero.
His actions to combat the depression were disastrous.
He did a reasonably good job letting the military run the war without too much interference and helping Britain get arms to fight Hitler.
But his actions grabbing power and forcing business and industry to do his bidding prolonged the depression by at least five years.  (Herbert Hoover gets a lot of blame as well. The Smoot-Hawley Tariff was passed during his admin.)
And although he, Roosevelt, expressed misgivings about future citizens taking advantage of welfare, he's the one who put the foundation in place.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FDR is responsible for three things:  leading the country during The Great Depression, being in charge during WWII, and setting up the modern welfare state.
The latter is the chief reason Democrats regard him as a hero.
His actions to combat the depression were disastrous.
He did a reasonably good job letting the military run the war without too much interference and helping Britain get arms to fight Hitler.
But his actions grabbing power and forcing business and industry to do his bidding prolonged the depression by at least five years.  (Herbert Hoover gets a lot of blame as well. The Smoot-Hawley Tariff was passed during his admin.)
And although he, Roosevelt, expressed misgivings about future citizens taking advantage of welfare, he's the one who put the foundation in place.

This was why I only listed Pearl Harbor and WW2.  He was an abject failure on the other two items, the Depression and Welfare.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Abe Lincoln?  He won re-election during sort of a crisis.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Abe Lincoln?  He won re-election during sort of a crisis.

By November 1864 and post Gettysburg, the tide of the war had already well turned.  Sherman had pretty much finished off the south, and the end of the war was near.  If same election would have been held in say November 1862, results could  have and quite likely been  different.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.