Author Topic: Jeff Sessions Urged Trump Admin To 'Immediately' Halt Immigration  (Read 684 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Jeff Sessions Urged Trump Admin To 'Immediately' Halt Immigration

Chantal Da Silva 12 hrs ago

President Donald Trump's former Attorney General Jeff Sessions appeared to take some credit for the president's plan to suspend immigration to the U.S. in response to the coronavirus pandemic on Monday, with the former AG touting how he had suggested such a plan last week.

"Last week, I announced on @TuckerCarlson's show my plan to suspend immigration until Americans are back to work. It's great news that @RealDonaldTrump is putting this into action!" Sessions said in a tweet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jeff-sessions-urged-trump-admin-to-immediately-halt-immigration/ar-BB12YDDd?ocid=spartanntp
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Jeff Sessions Urged Trump Admin To 'Immediately' Halt Immigration
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 03:57:51 am »
You can't write this stuff.  It's too bad he's so old, because he weathered the Trump administration pretty well.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 05:35:19 am »
You can't write this stuff.  It's too bad he's so old, because he weathered the Trump administration pretty well.

Sure has and good for him.  Good for him for speaking up.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 05:50:41 am »
Bad, bad move ... this is too clever by half, Jeff. 

This might be a good time to self-quarantine. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 05:58:42 am »

Sounds like some kind of threat.  Sounds like something Trump would say.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 05:59:39 am »

Both Sessions and Tommy Tubberville self-quarantined during the election, both refusing to debate the rest of the field.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 06:09:05 am »
Sounds like some kind of threat.  Sounds like something Trump would say.

It's not a threat.  It will surprise no one that neither the President, his reelection campaign, nor Tubervile will be pleased with this, that's a given.  There will be a response.

But neither will this please the voters.  It reeks of a combination of desperation and hubris above and beyond Sessions' pay grade.

Too cute by half is rarely a winning political strategy.

Sessions should have simply tweeted that he supports the President's EO suspending immigration.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 06:09:42 am »
Both Sessions and Tommy Tubberville self-quarantined during the election, both refusing to debate the rest of the field.

I did not know this.   :pondering:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 07:32:13 am »
I did not know this.   :pondering:

Last debate... @Right_in_Virginia

Mooney and Moore were to the two Constitutional Conservatives in the race, combined they failed to get 10% each. I voted for one of them, but either were good men.

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/us-senate-election-2020-watch-alabama-gop-debate-on-wvtm-13/30971302
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 07:37:08 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....