Author Topic: United Autoworkers Union endorses Biden  (Read 468 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
United Autoworkers Union endorses Biden
« on: April 21, 2020, 08:01:02 pm »
United Autoworkers Union endorses Biden
By Julia Manchester - 04/21/20 01:26 PM EDT

The United Autoworkers Union (AWU) endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden's presidential bid on Tuesday, citing his commitment to putting a check on corporate power.

The union said in a statement to The Associated Press that the U.S. was in need of stability “and more balance to the rights and protections of working Americans.”

“This issue demonstrates the need for presidential leadership to follow the guidance of science and give workers a seat in discussions over their safety and well-being,” the statement said.

Tuesday's endorsement comes after the group threw its support behind Biden's plan to reopen the U.S economy on Monday.

“Former Vice President Biden’s plan relies on experts and science-based factors, acknowledges the need for adequate testing and oversight of safety in reopening workplaces, and is devoid of partisan acrimony," UAW President Rory Gamble said in a statement.

excerpt:
About 400,000 workers make up the union, which has a history of backing Democrats, including former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2016, for president.

However, The Associated Press reports that internal polls of the companies show that 30 percent of its members voted Republican in the past three general elections.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/493905-united-autoworkers-union-endorses-biden
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: United Autoworkers Union endorses Biden
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 08:16:57 pm »
Gee, who saw that coming?  Biden backed both NAFTA and TTP.  He supported admitting China into the WTO.  He voted to give China 'Most-Favored-Nation' trade status, and voted against enforcing China to uphold basic human rights standards.  Biden has voted for every single trade issue that unions have opposed.  Yet the UAW fat cats are telling their workers to support this poser.  Yep, makes perfect sense.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 08:50:24 pm »
I've never heard of "AWU."  The only auto union I know of is UAW, based in Deetroit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 12:25:28 am »
The union bosses will almost always support the democrat-communists.
No surprise there.

But that's not the case with the dues-paying rank-and-file union membership...

Offline mortarman

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 04:38:35 am »
Truth is, they (an' any other union leadership) would endorse the Dis-Loyal Opposition candidate no matter who it was
They could nominate a baked potato with sour cream an' chives an' they would back it. It's their default setting.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 05:32:09 am »
I've never heard of "AWU."  The only auto union I know of is UAW, based in Deetroit.
Despite the error the message is clear. rat endorsements only please.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 05:42:02 pm »
Isn't "______ union endorses Democrat ________" kind of a "Dog bites man" story?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.