General Category > Immigration/Border

Trump Says He Will Sign Executive Order Suspending All Immigration To United States

<< < (4/4)

Formerly Once-Ler:

--- Quote from: 240B on April 24, 2020, 09:36:01 pm ---Congress has learned, especially with Obama, that they can evade all responsibility by doing nothing.
This throws all authority and actions onto the executive, so they take all the heat. Otherwise nothing gets done.
--- End quote ---

@240B

Last time we talked I pointed out Trump signed $2.8T of laws passed by rat and trumplican alike, and almost unanimously.  That's a pant's-full of somethin' .  I'm not trying to make you look bad.  I honestly believe you think your statement makes sense in light of the facts.  I would love it if you could explain to me how you don't see the contradictions.

--- Quote ---Then the Congress slimeballs will crawl out of the shadows and either condemn or support the action depending on public opinion.
--- End quote ---
Condemn or support??? It's almost like they figured out a way to answer any question, the fiends! It is their job to represent their constituency.  Why condemn them for doing what a majority of their voters want?

oh yeah...

Always
Be
Trolling!

--- Quote ---Congress is all about NOT being answerable for anything as to evade any fault whatsoever.
--- End quote ---
Let's check that.  @Chosen Daughter do you blame our Congress for spinelessly voting unanimously for $2Trillion of coronavirus stimulus last month?  Maybe also for President Trump siding with Kerry over Massie?   You don't need to wait, she does.  In fact there are a whole bunch of Briefers unhappy about it.

--- Quote ---I didn't do it!
It wasn't me!
--- End quote ---

You did.  You destroyed America.  Why do you insist on ruining our lives.
I'm kidding life is fine.  America is fine.

--- Quote ---or
I wholeheartedly support the President's actions in every possible way!
--- End quote ---
Not me, but he's doing pretty well on COVID-19.  It would be hard for him to improve greatly, and he faces minimal opposition in whatever he wants.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Once-Ler on April 24, 2020, 10:15:43 pm ---Seems to me Congress is agreeing on Trillions of things, and President Trump is signing them.

--- End quote ---
As long as the little $$$$ come home, it seems to be so. But behind all that apparent agreement, there is an awful lot being blackmailed through or held hostage.

NONE there have the guts to endure the optics of "not caring" about the victims of a failing economy.

240B:

--- Quote from: Once-Ler on April 24, 2020, 11:03:04 pm ---@240B

Last time we talked I pointed out Trump signed $2.8T of laws passed by rat and trumplican alike, and almost unanimously.  That's a pant's-full of somethin' .  I'm not trying to make you look bad.  I honestly believe you think your statement makes sense in light of the facts.  I would love it if you could explain to me how you don't see the contradictions.
Condemn or support??? It's almost like they figured out a way to answer any question, the fiends! It is their job to represent their constituency.  Why condemn them for doing what a majority of their voters want?

oh yeah...

Always
Be
Trolling!

Let's check that.  @Chosen Daughter do you blame our Congress for spinelessly voting unanimously for $2Trillion of coronavirus stimulus last month?  Maybe also for President Trump siding with Kerry over Massie?   You don't need to wait, she does.  In fact there are a whole bunch of Briefers unhappy about it.

You did.  You destroyed America.  Why do you insist on ruining our lives.
I'm kidding life is fine.  America is fine. Not me, but he's doing pretty well on COVID-19.  It would be hard for him to improve greatly, and he faces minimal opposition in whatever he wants.

--- End quote ---
Wow @Once-Ler that's impressive. I am truly humbled that you would put so much time and effort to respond to one of my stupid posts.
Thank You.

The thread we are on is about immigration and foreign workers. It is not about COVID-19 except maybe indirectly.
But that is not what I or this thread is talking about. My post was about immigration, not about various bailout packages. If you want to talk about that, there are a dozen threads where you can discuss bailouts or stimulus to your heart's content.

You are on the wrong thread. But still, I am humbled by the effort you put into it.

Chosen Daughter:
Trump lied.  Not surprising.  And most people will not even know.  I bet this will be one that shows up in one of @LegalAmerican long lists she posts.  So its winning for Trump only.  Not us.  He didn't stop all immigration. 

Trumps EO is COVID sharing with Mexico. 

Trump’s Immigration Ban Exempts “Refugees” & “Essential Workers”
Numerous categories of people won’t be affected by the executive order.

While President Trump’s immigration ban was celebrated by many of his supporters, it has since emerged that the draft executive order contains broad exemptions for “refugees,” “essential workers” and a number of other categories of people.

“In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens, I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States!” Trump tweeted last night.

The news was greeted with massive enthusiasm from Trump’s base, some of whom feel he hasn’t done enough to fulfil his campaign promise of building a wall to keep out illegal immigrants.

However, it has now been revealed that there are a number of caveats.

Bloomberg News reports that the EO “includes exceptions for people seeking jobs in “food production and directly helping to protect the supply chain,” which could apply to farm workers.”...

https://summit.news/2020/04/21/trumps-immigration-ban-exempts-refugees-essential-workers/

Trump signs immigration order featuring numerous exemptions
By JILL COLVIN and ELLIOT SPAGAT
April 22, 2020

https://apnews.com/849b0ba2875ec6f3c84f1af4d0b4b4d7

Good job Donald!  The art of the deal is certainly to get people to believe your lies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version