Author Topic: Is Houston ready? Texas will begin reopening process on Monday  (Read 332 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Is Houston ready? Texas will begin reopening process on Monday
MSN, Apr 20, 2020, KHOU-TV Houston

Some parts of Texas will begin to gradually reopen this week.

Gov. Greg Abbott announced a phased plan on Friday that allows for some facilities and businesses to expand operations with consideration of social distancing measures.

State parks will reopen to the public on Monday.

Visitors are required to wear facial coverings and be in family groups of no more than five individuals.

They must also maintain six feet of distance around other individuals and small groups.

Restrictions for non-essential medical procedures will be loosened on Wednesday, allowing for some surgical procedures to resume.

Retail businesses will be allowed to provide to-go-style service starting on Friday.

Customers will be able to pick up pre-purchased goods from retailers in person.

“The thing we need most is customers, but the priority is safety of course,” Houston businessman Jim “Mattress Mac” McIngvale said. Mattress Mac was appointed to the governor’s economic task force. “The governor emphasized it’s going to be a very gradual rollout.”

Abbott said he intends to announce on April 27 additional sectors of the Texas economy that may reopen with restrictions.

More:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/is-houston-ready-texas-will-begin-reopening-process-on-monday/ar-BB12T8qw?ocid=ientp

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Is Houston ready? Texas will begin reopening process on Monday
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 08:02:47 pm »
Oil offices will remain pretty well vacant as a lot have already been laid off or on furlough.

Man am I glad those days are behind me.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington