Author Topic: Zombie stimulus checks  (Read 197 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Zombie stimulus checks
« on: April 19, 2020, 03:23:40 pm »
April 19, 2020
Zombie stimulus checks
By Noel S. Williams

Thanks to the Trump administration’s business-like efficiency, I already received my stimulus check courtesy of the CARES Act stimulus bill.  I’m grateful, but not overjoyed; along with millions upon millions of other Americans, dead people are getting them… and somehow managing to cash them.

One of the key principles of the flourishing field of Happiness Economics is that all happiness is relative.  Not only do we appreciate more what we work for, but we apprise our circumstances not in absolute terms, but relative to others.  Gore Vidal’s acerbic wit captured the essence of this, “It is not enough to succeed.  Others must fail.”

If we were more rational beings, perhaps Margaret Thatcher’s admonition would hold sway.  When schooling a dumb liberal back-bencher she said, “All levels of income are better off than they were in 1979…. The honorable member is saying that he would rather that the poor were poorer, provided the rich were less rich. … What a policy!”  Watch it here, the Iron Lady is brilliant.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/04/zombie_stimulus_checks.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Zombie stimulus checks
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 03:41:40 pm »
Let's see ... no stimulus check ... no one that I know has received their stimulus check, nor their unemployment, nor the $600/wk promised in addition to the unemployment. We are helping those in need as much as we can ... but we're on a limited income.  This is unsustainable for many.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.