Author Topic: Poll: Majority of Americans disapprove of Trump's handling of coronavirus outbreak  (Read 681 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Majority of Americans disapprove of Trump's handling of coronavirus outbreak
By Justin Wise - 04/19/20 09:37 AM EDT

A majority of American voters disapprove of President Trump's handling of the coronavirus outbreak and believe he did not take the pandemic seriously enough at the beginning of the crisis, according to a new NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll.

The survey found that 52 percent of voters disapprove of Trump's response to the global outbreak, while 44 percent approve of it. The findings represent little change from a similar poll conducted in March, which found 51 percent of Americans opposed how he was handling the pandemic.

Meanwhile, 52 percent of respondents said they generally do not trust Trump's rhetoric about the virus, while just 36 percent said they do. This pales in comparison to Americans' trust of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert and a key member of the White House coronavirus task force.

excerpt:
The NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll was conducted between April 13 and April 15 among a sample of 900 registered voters. It has a margin of error of  3.3 percentage points.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/493534-poll-majority-of-americans-disapprove-of-trumps-handling-of
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Oh no this is horribblezzzz

Offline aligncare

The man has been working day and night for months on this issue (and other work, simultaneously), and millions of people at home are watching with great interest and see his commitment and the results.

Trump’s numbers aren’t tanking, the democrats’ and partisan media are. They’re losing any respect from those folks watching at home by their attempts to misinform about life saving treatments (Hydroxychloroquine) and by dragging their feet in congress on small business relief.

Offline Idiot

The man has been working day and night for months on this issue (and other work, simultaneously), and millions of people at home are watching with great interest and see his commitment and the results.

Trump’s numbers aren’t tanking, the democrats’ and partisan media are. They’re losing any respect from those folks watching at home by their attempts to misinform about life saving treatments (Hydroxychloroquine) and by dragging their feet in congress on small business relief.
I saw a snippet of NBC this morning....they were basically rabid talking to V.P. Pence.  It was disgusting....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Exactly

Of course the MSM has taken up the Dems meme that this is all Trump's fault...they will carry this falsehood until Nov.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Exactly

Of course the MSM has taken up the Dems meme that this is all Trump's fault...they will carry this falsehood until Nov.

I fully agree.  Can you imagine if the press had turned like this  on FDR in 1941.

Outside the obvious tragedy of dealing with this epidemic, the dimocrats have become the ultimate poliical opportunist.  The narrative has been set, and it might take a miracle for Trump to win now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I fully agree.  Can you imagine if the press had turned like this  on FDR in 1941.

Outside the obvious tragedy of dealing with this epidemic, the dimocrats have become the ultimate poliical opportunist.  The narrative has been set, and it might take a miracle for Trump to win now.
Well we all know how Lincoln dealt with a press like this and it wasn't pretty.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 12:54:00 am by GtHawk »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Consider the source of this article...

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Consider the source of this article...

...consider that polls are worthless
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Absalom

Paranoia doing a full frontal.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

A lot of those haters will be dead by Nov.  I wouldn't worry about it.

and on the serious side
The NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll was conducted between April 13 and April 15 among a sample of 900 registered voters.
200 days before the vote and still very few "likely-voter" polls?  I might as well consult my astrologer.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A lot of those haters will be dead by Nov.  I wouldn't worry about it.

and on the serious side200 days before the vote and still very few "likely-voter" polls?  I might as well consult my astrologer.
Were the voters in NYC?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Were the voters in NYC?
I'm sorry @Smokin Joe , I don't understand the question.

Offline Smokin Joe

I'm sorry @Smokin Joe , I don't understand the question.
Well, considering NYC and the surrounding counties (AKA: downstate NY) have a higher infection rate than any country, I thought the question of where the polled people were form would be germane.

The difference in being in NYC during this and being in central Montana might be the entire reason for an opinion either for or against the way this whole issue is being handled, and the amount of trust involved. That Fauci and the CDC is trusted more raises a flag with me.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Well, considering NYC and the surrounding counties (AKA: downstate NY) have a higher infection rate than any country, I thought the question of where the polled people were form would be germane.

The difference in being in NYC during this and being in central Montana might be the entire reason for an opinion either for or against the way this whole issue is being handled, and the amount of trust involved. That Fauci and the CDC is trusted more raises a flag with me.
@Smokin Joe thanx for clarifying.  The story doesn't say but I assume it is a nation wide poll.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe thanx for clarifying.  The story doesn't say but I assume it is a nation wide poll.
I don't. You know what they say about assuming.

C S Lewis

I don't. You know what they say about assuming.

As I said @Smokin Joe
200 days before the vote and still very few "likely-voter" polls?  I might as well consult my astrologer.
I'm not sure there is any point in us arguing who mistrusts this poll more.