Author Topic: Trump calls on voters in swing states to ‘LIBERATE’ from Dem governors and heavy-handed restrictions  (Read 778 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump calls on voters in swing states to ‘LIBERATE’ from Dem governors and heavy-handed restrictions
April 17, 2020 | Tom Tillison

Sensing the growing restlessness of the American people over heavy-handed actions taken by some states, President Donald Trump took to social media Friday to call on voters to “LIBERATE” several swing states from their Democratic governors.

No state has been more draconian in responding to the coronavirus pandemic than Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, as the Democrat has taken to dictating what stores can and cannot sell. Items she deems to be nonessential, such as lawn and gardening supplies, are cordoned off from customers.

In three separate tweets, the president called on Michigan, Minnesota and Virginia to liberate themselves.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/04/17/trump-calls-on-voters-in-swing-states-to-liberate-from-dem-governors-heavy-handed-restrictions-909827
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline conservativevoter

I say that should also include Pennsylvania and New Jersey.  In Pennsylvania, we now are being told that wearing a 'mask' in grocery stores and such stores as Walmart *(!)  is mandatory.  Never mind that when entering a store, you go right past the fresh vegetables (open to the touch), to meat cases, bakery items, one or two public restrooms, employees who do not know how to scotchtape a mask to their butt...… all while remaining unwashed with non-sterile masks on their faces.

And just HOW does this help? wink777

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump regularly advises people to break the law.  That is what we have become.  Because if he can't be, do or have things the way he wants he is the law breaking ringleader. 

If it was people protesting on their own it would be on them.  But it is the President of the United States of America promoting lawlessness.  I can't say I blame people.  I want home detention to end also.  But it isn't for the president to direct insurrection of law.

And I am walking on eggshells trying not to say what I know gets me in trouble.  It is truly sad that our Constitutional government has turned into a one man dictatorship party that hangs on his every command regardless of our laws.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 07:48:07 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

Trump regularly advises people to break the law.  That is what we have become.  Because if he can't be, do or have things the way he wants he is the law breaking ringleader. 

If it was people protesting on their own it would be on them.  But it is the President of the United States of America promoting lawlessness.  I can't say I blame people.  I want home detention to end also.  But it isn't for the president to direct insurrection of law.

And I am walking on eggshells trying not to say what I know gets me in trouble.  It is truly sad that our Constitutional government has turned into a one man dictatorship party that hangs on his every command regardless of our laws.

If he's a dictator why did he just get impeached...and why can't he just allocate the money for small businesses on his own? Heck, he can't even make a phone call without having it tapped and released to the media...so how in the He!! can anyone make the ridiculous assertion that he's a dictator?

Dictator...I think maybe you don't actually know what that word means.

And let me add, its getting a bit tiresome reading your reposting of DNC talking points. Wouldn't Dailykos be a happier venue for you...where everyone agrees with your positions and attitude towards the President?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 09:10:44 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Chosen Daughter

If he's a dictator why did he just get impeached...and why can't he just allocate the money for small businesses on his own? Heck, he can't even make a phone call without having it tapped and released to the media...so how in the He!! can anyone make the ridiculous assertion that he's a dictator?

Dictator...I think maybe you don't actually know what that word means.

And let me add, its getting a bit tiresome reading your reposting of DNC talking points. Wouldn't Dailykos be a happier venue for you...where everyone agrees with your positions and attitude towards the President?

very simple.  Is he or isn't he advising people to break the law? 

If I have lied you have a right to call me on it.  And if I am wrong I will admit is.  I am sorry you are tired of me.  I am tired of you too.  Perhaps you could be happier with Q anon.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I say that should also include Pennsylvania and New Jersey.  In Pennsylvania, we now are being told that wearing a 'mask' in grocery stores and such stores as Walmart *(!)  is mandatory.  Never mind that when entering a store, you go right past the fresh vegetables (open to the touch), to meat cases, bakery items, one or two public restrooms, employees who do not know how to scotchtape a mask to their butt...… all while remaining unwashed with non-sterile masks on their faces.

And just HOW does this help? wink777
Thanx for your comments @conservativevoter

I wear a mask, and utilize the hand sanitizer provided, when ever I enter a store because I could be infected without showing symptoms, and I would feel terrible if I infected the people who risked their health, and showed up to serve me and my friends and neighbors.

There are lots of things outside our control, but that doesn't absolve us from doing what is in our control.  Because we are free, we are not obligated to care about others and change our behavior, but exerting that freedom doesn't make one good or a patriot.  And pointing at the behavior of others doesn't elevate our own behavior.

Offline LottieDah

Offline Mesaclone

very simple.  Is he or isn't he advising people to break the law? 

If I have lied you have a right to call me on it.  And if I am wrong I will admit is.  I am sorry you are tired of me.  I am tired of you too.  Perhaps you could be happier with Q anon.

When a law is unjust, and as yet unchallenged in the Federal courts, a president IS right to advocate for civil disobedience IMHO. And please note that there is a difference between criminal action, and disobedience to an Executive gubernatorial directive such as a "stay home" order....or a "close your business" order. We are civically bound to heed those laws which are not contradictory to the spirit of the Constitution of the United States...and to, within reason, resist those which ARE. The 2nd Amendment itself exists so that we may, ultimately, oppose laws that go against the spirit of the constitution.

I have not called you a liar...so no clue why you are asserting that you've not lied. I have called you out for repeating DNC/CNN talking points...and for helping the Left get out its message. And yes, I'm tired of it...this does not abrogate your right to continue pushing the DNC narrative. But you do NOT have the right to do so unchallenged.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 10:57:17 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline bilo

Trump calls on voters in swing states to ‘LIBERATE’ from Dem governors and heavy-handed restrictions

Brilliant!

Trump positions himself with the American people against the deep state dictators. Any state that doesn't start moving to open up is going to have a large number of citizens angry and in some cases the swing voters in this group will tilt towards Trump and the Pubs.

People understand the risks.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
 :pondering:   Didn't Thoreau break the law once?   :pondering:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

When a law is unjust, and as yet unchallenged in the Federal courts, a president IS right to advocate for civil disobedience IMHO. And please note that there is a difference between criminal action, and disobedience to an Executive gubernatorial directive such as a "stay home" order....or a "close your business" order. We are civically bound to heed those laws which are not contradictory to the spirit of the Constitution of the United States...and to, within reason, resist those which ARE. The 2nd Amendment itself exists so that we may, ultimately, oppose laws that go against the spirit of the constitution.

I have not called you a liar...so no clue why you are asserting that you've not lied. I have called you out for repeating DNC/CNN talking points...and for helping the Left get out its message. And yes, I'm tired of it...this does not abrogate your right to continue pushing the DNC narrative. But you do NOT have the right to do so unchallenged.

The courts have not closed.  The Supreme Court should be able to make a judgment on what is Constitutional in a pandemic.

Are ‘Stay At Home’ Orders Constitutional?

Evan GerstmannSenior Contributor
Education
I am a professor and publish on constitutional and educational issues.

As of today, over half the people in this country, across 17 states, are subject to “stay at home” orders. They vary considerably in terms of breadth and level of enforcement but, as a whole, they represent a breathtaking set of limitations on how Americans live their lives. Various state and local governments will likely order more, and perhaps even stricter, restrictions. But are such orders constitutional? The Constitution protects the right to associate, assemble, worship and travel. Does that mean there are limits on what sort of restrictions the government can place on people’s freedom of movement?

The answer is complicated and it is different for state and local governments than it is for the federal government. This piece will only address the state and local laws because there is no federal stay at home order yet. That could change, but for now, restrictions on leaving home, congregating in groups, and so forth, are happening on the state and local level.

There are plenty of laws on the books that allow for these orders. But even emergency and health-protective laws have to be constitutional. The constitution protects our liberty in good times and bad and it explicitly provides for only very limited emergency power. It only allows the suspension of the ordinary judicial process in the event of war, invasion, or rebellion. Furthermore, this authority is granted to Congress and not to the president (even if he calls himself a “wartime president”) or to state and local governments. So even during this crisis, the states must obey the ordinary constitutional restrictions on their powers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/evangerstmann/2020/03/25/are-stay-at-home-orders-constitutional/#b4ecd94104e1

I highly disagree.  The president should first go through the process of seeking the advice of Supreme Court.  To advocate for Civil Disobedience when legal means have not been exhausted is stupidity.  It pits people against their government and could lead to violence.  It sets the President as the ultimate authority giving people the false idea that they can undermine their local governments.  This is a pandemic and people really are dying.  If Trump wants to help people to restore freedoms he should do it through the proper channels.

The courts have not closed.  The Supreme Court should be able to make a judgment on what is Constitutional in a pandemic.

Are ‘Stay At Home’ Orders Constitutional?

Evan GerstmannSenior Contributor
Education
I am a professor and publish on constitutional and educational issues.

As of today, over half the people in this country, across 17 states, are subject to “stay at home” orders. They vary considerably in terms of breadth and level of enforcement but, as a whole, they represent a breathtaking set of limitations on how Americans live their lives. Various state and local governments will likely order more, and perhaps even stricter, restrictions. But are such orders constitutional? The Constitution protects the right to associate, assemble, worship and travel. Does that mean there are limits on what sort of restrictions the government can place on people’s freedom of movement?

The answer is complicated and it is different for state and local governments than it is for the federal government. This piece will only address the state and local laws because there is no federal stay at home order yet. That could change, but for now, restrictions on leaving home, congregating in groups, and so forth, are happening on the state and local level.

There are plenty of laws on the books that allow for these orders. But even emergency and health-protective laws have to be constitutional. The constitution protects our liberty in good times and bad and it explicitly provides for only very limited emergency power. It only allows the suspension of the ordinary judicial process in the event of war, invasion, or rebellion. Furthermore, this authority is granted to Congress and not to the president (even if he calls himself a “wartime president”) or to state and local governments. So even during this crisis, the states must obey the ordinary constitutional restrictions on their powers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/evangerstmann/2020/03/25/are-stay-at-home-orders-constitutional/#b4ecd94104e1

I highly disagree.  The president should first go through the process of seeking the advice of Supreme Court.  To advocate for Civil Disobedience when legal means have not been exhausted is stupidity.  It pits people against their government and could lead to violence.  It sets the President as the ultimate authority giving people the false idea that they can undermine their local governments.  This is a pandemic and people really are dying.  If Trump wants to help people to restore freedoms he should do it through the proper channels.
goopo
I am rather drunk and too emotional to respond.  Your answer was perfect while your opponent once again cowardly alludes to DNC/CNN talking points rather than confront an unassailable fact driven argument.  Thank you @Chosen Daughter

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This site is being taken over by a couple of political children.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

You are allowed to post too.  Liberate your forum.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I dunno....seems like a regular Saturday Night to me.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mesaclone

goopo
I am rather drunk and too emotional to respond.  Your answer was perfect while your opponent once again cowardly alludes to DNC/CNN talking points rather than confront an unassailable fact driven argument.  Thank you @Chosen Daughter

Hmmmm. Your drunk postings seems no different then your sober postings.

Hmmmm. Your drunk postings seems no different then your sober postings.
That's very thoughtful of you to say @Mesaclone .   034  I notice the difference though.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

goopo

Thank you @Once-Ler

Offline Chosen Daughter

You are allowed to post too.  Liberate your forum.

Right some Civil Disobedience.

Offline The_Reader_David

I do not know about the other states, but in Michigan, many of the restrictions plainly serve no public health purpose and are deliberately punitive: in particular closing public parks (as if one can't exercise in them while staying, heck not 6 ft, 6 yrs away from everyone else) and forbidding the selling of seeds for vegetable gardens as "non essential", even when they are sold in a store that also sells food and medications.
In no other state have I heard of police tape cordoning off the garden center of open stores. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline conservativevoter

Guber Murphy of NJ had ONE person arrested for just being in a public park.  He was alone.  Religious worship has been disallowed, even when there has been more than enough room for the 'social distancing' thing.  In PA, first it was 10-14 days, and now it is ???? long.  My son has just been offered an excellent job down south; don't you frigging think that I will help him to carry through?

At least I didn't vote for frigging Tom Wolfe.  I have that much to be grateful for.

Anybody know of any Michigan addresses that we could send packets of seeds to since the Guber of Michigan won't let the people buy seeds?

Offline Hoodat

My son has just been offered an excellent job down south; don't you frigging think that I will help him to carry through?

He is welcome down here as long as he doesn't vote Democrat.  Here in Georgia, we are being bombarded by Californians fleeing the cesspool that they had created, yet eager to turn our state into a similar cesspool by voting in the same policies that destroyed California.  Please, please, please, no more Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-