Author Topic: SECDEF and Joint Chiefs chairman say top Marine will get a call over barbershops remaining open  (Read 345 times)

rangerrebew

SECDEF and Joint Chiefs chairman say top Marine will get a call over barbershops remaining open
Shawn Snow

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper and the Gen. Mark Milley, the Joint Chiefs chairman, told reporters at the Pentagon Tuesday that the top Marine will be getting a call over barbershops that remain open across Marine bases despite an ongoing pandemic.

A video, obtained by Task and Purpose, which said it was shot on April 5, shows Marines waiting in a long line at a barbershop aboard Camp Pendleton, California. The Marines appear to not be maintaining proper social distancing.

When asked about the video Tuesday, Esper said the Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. David Berger would be getting a phone call from Milley.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/coronavirus/2020/04/14/secdef-and-joint-chiefs-chairman-say-top-marine-will-get-a-call-over-barbershops-remaining-open/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
SECDEF and Joint Chiefs chairman say top Marine will get a call over barbershops remaining open
Shawn Snow

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper and the Gen. Mark Milley, the Joint Chiefs chairman, told reporters at the Pentagon Tuesday that the top Marine will be getting a call over barbershops that remain open across Marine bases despite an ongoing pandemic.

No pun intended,but that's a classic "no-brainer".  The USMC LOVES haircuts almost as much as they love shaved heads  and hate anything new.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 05:22:55 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mortarman

I worked as a cashier at the Ft. McCoy PX for about 3 years an' a lot of the troops would buy those hair trimmers an' set up their own operations in the barracks. I bought one myself recently an' it works great. Of course I embraced my inner chrome dome 20 years ago an' the ladies like me better that way.

:pop41:

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

rangerrebew

I am, of course, speculating, but I'll bet the Commandant won't need a hair cut for about 6 months after he gets those calls. :silly:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am, of course, speculating, but I'll bet the Commandant won't need a hair cut for about 6 months after he gets those calls. :silly:

@rangerrebew

I suspect in a few months the USMC will have a new Commandant,and the current one will be wondering why all those civilians have so much disgusting hair they need combs.

Being creative is NOT a trait known to advance your career in the USMC. It's the willingness to NOT think and to run forward in a straight line that gets you stars.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew