Author Topic: Michael Cohen writing tell-all book on Trump to be released before election: report  (Read 529 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michael Cohen writing tell-all book on Trump to be released before election: report
By Brie Stimson | Fox News

Michael Cohen, a former lawyer for President Trump, has reportedly been working on a tell-all book scheduled to be released before November's presidential election.

The book, which Cohen has been writing and shopping to publishers from prison, will “spill the beans” on the president, Cohen's friend, actor Tom Arnold, told The Daily Beast.

“It’s like 'Jaws.' You don’t see 'Jaws' very much, but you hear the music, and for Trump, he knows Michael is coming and Trump better hear the 'Jaws' music,” Arnold said. “He told me he’s been writing a book and he’s pissed. He told me he is going to spill the beans. What has he got to lose now?”

Cohen is being released from prison early because of the coronavirus and will finish the rest of his three-year sentence in home confinement.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/michael-cohen-writing-tell-all-book-on-trump-to-be-released-before-election-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Tom Arnold is the source for this bit of "news?"  I'd be skeptical that this is true.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
” Arnold said. “He told me he’s been writing a book and he’s pissed. He told me he is going to spill the beans. What has he got to lose now?”

Well,isn't it against the law for an attorney to betray lawyer-client privilege?

Not to worry though,Cohen. Trump seems to be a very forgiving type,and I am almost certain he will just let it slide.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Tom Arnold is the source for this bit of "news?"  I'd be skeptical that this is true.

@Applewood

He does seem to live in an alternate universe,doesn't he?

I haven't known that many lawyers,but I have to confess that I haven't known ANY lawyers that would trust Tom Arnold with a shopping list,never mind lawyer-client privilege details.

He seems to be incapable of keeping anything to himself.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 06:08:44 pm by sneakypete »

Offline mortarman

I'm suspect of anyone who's best career move was to get Rosanne Barr's face tattooed on his a$$.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online corbe

This could be very problematic for Trump, if true. 
   As Trump's past Lawyer I think, some of us, can safely ascertain that this guy never had a conscience, anyway.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   As Trump's past Lawyer I think, some of us, can safely ascertain that this guy never had a conscience, anyway.

@corbe

Well,he has to know if he violates his clients confidentiality,no one will ever trust him again. He better get used to living in poverty.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well,isn't it against the law for an attorney to betray lawyer-client privilege?

Not to worry though,Cohen. Trump seems to be a very forgiving type,and I am almost certain he will just let it slide.
Does attorney client privilege even come into play in a work of fantasy?

Offline mortarman

You know he wouldn't be around to do a tell all about the Chappaquaw Crime Cartel. The guy wouldn't have even made it to trial. I jus' wonder how creative his demise would have been.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

April 17,2020...ArchAngel...

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:55:25 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I guess he didn't like going to prison.  He's out now and has plenty of time to write the book.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
April 17,2020...ArchAngel...

That is cool!  Looks like a eagle.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline aligncare

Michael Cohen was a low level lawyer in the Trump Organization; when he was needed, he worked small nuisance suits for Trump—writing letters, negotiating slip and fall settlements, arranging non-disclosure agreements, etc.  He was not “Trump’s attorney,” in the sense that CNN liked to portray.

When Trump need high powered representation, he had top law firms and attorneys representing him on big, important legal cases. Cohen knows nothing of Trump’s inner workings.

His book, if there is one, will probably do as well as Comey’s did, which is not well at all.

Offline Applewood

Michael Cohen was a low level lawyer in the Trump Organization; when he was needed, he worked small nuisance suits for Trump—writing letters, negotiating slip and fall settlements, arranging non-disclosure agreements, etc.  He was not “Trump’s attorney,” in the sense that CNN liked to portray.

When Trump need high powered representation, he had top law firms and attorneys representing him on big, important legal cases. Cohen knows nothing of Trump’s inner workings.

His book, if there is one, will probably do as well as Comey’s did, which is not well at all.

Well, FWIW, Wikipedia says this about Cohen's dealings with Trump and his companies:

Cohen was a vice-president of The Trump Organization, and the personal counsel to Trump, and was often described by media as Trump's "fixer".[3][4] He previously served as co-president of Trump Entertainment and was a board member of the Eric Trump Foundation, a children's health charity.[5] From 2017 to 2018, Cohen was deputy finance chairman of the Republican National Committee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cohen_(lawyer)

If any of the above is true -- and Wiki isn't all that reliable -- it doesn't sound like Cohen was all that low level.   

He may run into attorney/client privilege problems if he is writing this book, even though he is no longer Trump's counsel -- or anyone else's counsel for that matter since he's been disbarred.  About the only conversations and such he might be able to disclose are those where a third party was present. In any event, if he is really writing a tell-all book, he may have a hard time getting it published if it reveals any privileged communications.  I see lawsuits in Mr. Cohen's future.