Author Topic: A crash course in survival gear from a Delta Force operator  (Read 170 times)

rangerrebew

A crash course in survival gear from a Delta Force operator
« on: April 18, 2020, 12:15:12 pm »
A crash course in survival gear from a Delta Force operator

By: George Hand | April 16, 2020

Here’s a seemingly unfair question to ask:

“If you’re only allowed to carry along one single piece of gear with you into a survival situation what would that piece be?”

NO FAIR!!

I agree it’s not fair, what’s more is it isn’t a realistic question to ask. It would be great to have parameters added, at a minimum whether it is a warm or cold weather survival environment. Cold weather makes me think of a means to burrow, as with a shovel; hot weather makes me favor cutting/chopping as with a knife or hatchet.

Doesn’t that make this sort of combination multi-function implement seem ideal?

It sure seems ideal to me, but it seems to be gaming my fundamental question of what *one* piece of gear do I choose. It is a combination multi-function tool that solves several key survival problems. Sure, multifunctions tool are not quite as good as a stand-alone dedicated tool of singular function — an axe, a shovel, a sheath knife — but they do a pretty decent job nonetheless!

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/a-crash-course-in-survival-gear-from-a-delta-force-operator/