Author Topic: Trump Tweet:Major News Conference tonight, the White House at 6:00 P.M. (Eastern), to explain Guidel  (Read 766 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump Tweet:Major News Conference tonight, the White House at 6:00 P.M. (Eastern), to explain Guidelines for OPENING UP AMERICA AGAIN!
Twitter, Apr 16, 2020, Donald J. Trump

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Major News Conference tonight, the White House at 6:00 P.M. (Eastern), to explain Guidelines for OPENING UP AMERICA AGAIN!

11:18 AM - 16 Apr 2020

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1250851143363805185

2019-2020 U.S. Flu Season: Preliminary Burden Estimates

CDC estimates* that, from October 1, 2019, through April 4, 2020, there have been:

39,000,000 – 56,000,000
 flu illnesses

18,000,000 – 26,000,000
 flu medical visits

410,000 – 740,000
 flu hospitalizations

24,000 – 62,000
 flu deaths

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

LIVE: President Trump & The Coronavirus Task Force News Conference 4/16/20; 6:00 PM ET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLXrf_bzVVM

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Alex Moe
Verified accountï‚™ @AlexNBCNews 

52 Senate Republicans have been asked by President Trump to serve on the Opening Up America Again Congressional Group. The lone GOP Senator NOT invited... @MittRomney

12:56 PM - 16 Apr 2020

https://twitter.com/AlexNBCNews/status/1250875832744251396

Offline musiclady

Gov. DeWine had to cut his presser short today because the Governors were having a conference call with the President.

I’m betting that’s what this is about.

(Ohio’s businesses are going to start to open up on May 1st).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Lou Dobbs just had a doctor on talking about how much success they’re having with CV patients using proning....which is just turning the patient over and lying them on their stomachs. It helps them breathe and they don’t have to go into Intensive Care.

I wonder if the media and dems will come out adamantly against people lying on their stomachs.

POTUS: We can’t save lives without saving our economy.

Gabby Orr
 @GabbyOrr_
 Â·
 3m
 @VP says governors can choose to implement new White House guidelines to reopen the economy on a statewide basis or a county-by-county basis

"Nationwide, more than 850 counties—or nearly 30 percent—have reported no new cases in the last 7 days." – President @realDonaldTrump— Kayleigh McEnany (@PressSec) April 16, 2020

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I think this is a good plan..let the Governors decide for their own state when to open up..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think this is a good plan..let the Governors decide for their own state when to open up..

...and let the Counties decide on what's best for their residents.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Trump unveiled the plan in a video conference call with the nation's governors on Thursday afternoon. The state leaders were instructed that they could move through the guidelines at their own pace and that the guidelines are not formal orders from the federal government, according to a person familiar with the call.

"Phase one" calls on employers to telework where possible, return to work in phases, minimize non-essential travel and make accommodations for the vulnerable populations within the workforce. It calls on all vulnerable individuals to "shelter in place," and when in public, all individuals should continue social distancing. Large venues, including churches and gyms, can open if they operate under “strict” social distancing and sanitation protocols. Bars should remain closed. Elective surgeries can resume.

However, a critical piece to this is the "gating criteria" that all states and regions should achieve before they can move on to phase one. This includes a "downward trajectory" of reported "influenza-like illnesses," "covid-like syndromic cases" and "documented cases" or "positive tests as a percent of total tests" within a 14-day period, as well as the ability for hospitals to "treat all patients without crisis care" and have a "robust testing program in place for at-risk healthcare workers, including emerging antibody testing."

In "phase two," non-essential travel for employers can resume. Schools and organized youth activity can reopen. Bars can operate with diminished standing room occupancy. Large venues can continue under “moderate” social distancing protocols.

The third phase says all these venues -- bars, gyms and large venues -- can reopen with “limited” social distancing and “standard” sanitation. Employers can resume “unrestricted staffing of worksites,” so employees can physically return to work. The final phase also reintroduces visits to senior care facilities and hospitals.

The president described the guidelines "as a bit of a negotiation," a source said.

More:  https://www.yahoo.com/gma/inside-trumps-plan-reopen-american-economy-201202154.html

Red states will open, blue states will lag behind.  --- Just a guess. 

Online libertybele

...and let the Counties decide on what's best for their residents.

...I'd rather the governor gather information needed and direct the counties ... my county commissioners are about as corrupt and liberals as they get.  8888crybaby
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

...I'd rather the governor gather information needed and direct the counties ... my county commissioners are about as corrupt and liberals as they get.  8888crybaby

I think the governors are final "judge and jury".

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I think the guideline is too prohibitive.

I think the need for antibodies testing is essential and could greatly enhance the return to normal living, and yet, the federal government is dragging its feet on this.  I doubt antibodies testing will be available for months at the rate they are moving.

I think Trump has surrounded himself with anti Trumpers at the rate of speed they are moving.  Completely intolerable.  I would have fired them all.  Somewhere in all this, it was said the CDC is responsible for testing, and required FDA approval.  Just too damn bureaucratic in my humble opinion.

Frankly, I think anyone that has the antibodies should be able to resume normal living.  I believe I had the virus, my wife too, and I hate these restrictive rules.  I believe it is bullsh*t!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Perhaps his best press conference since the start.  Not perfect like his call to Zelensky, but my President really did hit it out of the park, and what a good time to do it...at the start of our next phase.  Great plan, great message, great presentation.  Great to see Fauci and Birx.  Great to hear my President working with all 50 Governors.  Great to see my President go out of his way to thank the democrats, urge more money for the paycheck protection plan, and postulating it could be unanimous again.  Great to see my President personalize his own COVID-19 losses..and no MSM meltdown.

My President could do himself a lot of good by repeating this performance.