Author Topic: Food supply worries grow after outbreak closes Smithfield meat plant  (Read 506 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Food supply worries grow after outbreak closes Smithfield meat plant
By Alex Gangitano - 04/14/20 06:00 AM EDT

Pork processor Smithfield Foods's decision to shut down a major U.S. plant after a coronavirus outbreak among workers is putting a spotlight on the food supply chain during the pandemic.

Consumer and worker safety groups say the Smithfield incident highlights that more must be done to ensure the welfare of those working in the industry as well as those buying food. And there are worries that if more plants close, American consumers could be hit by shortages.

Some industry groups say the Trump administration must provide more protections for essential workers, a category which includes food suppliers.
ADVERTISEMENT

“In order for our industry to continue manufacturing, we must have access to the personal protective equipment (PPE) necessary for our employees to do their jobs – or there is potential that facilities will be shut down,” Betsy Booren, senior vice president of regulatory and technical affairs at the Consumer Brands Association (CBA), the industry trade group for grocery store products, told The Hill. "The federal government must make PPE available for our industry so that major supply chain disruptions can be avoided."

more
https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/492625-food-supply-worries-grow-after-outbreak-closes
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Food supply worries grow after outbreak closes Smithfield meat plant
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 02:43:13 pm »
Smithfield Foods, Inc., is a meat-processing company based in Smithfield, Virginia, in the United States, and a wholly owned subsidiary of WH Group of China.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smithfield_Foods
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 03:17:22 pm »
It might have been via some other path, but my first thought was to wonder whether some execs from China paid a visit to Smithfield back in January.

Disinfecting the plant will probably be reasonably quick, but what will probably prolong the delay of production resumption is people. The workers will have to recover and verified as having recovered.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 03:21:04 pm »
It might have been via some other path, but my first thought was to wonder whether some execs from China paid a visit to Smithfield back in January.

Disinfecting the plant will probably be reasonably quick, but what will probably prolong the delay of production resumption is people. The workers will have to recover and verified as having recovered.

I'm not going to buy anything from that source anyway so it matters not to me how long it takes.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 04:45:38 pm »
I didn't know that China owned such a huge food/meat source.  Perhaps it is a coincidence that an outbreak just so happened in a Chinese owned meat plant in the U.S., perhaps not.  There is no way to boycott as the companies doing business in China is so massive.

An eyeopener -- the list of American companies doing business is China is unbelievable -- these are just some of the food companies; Kraft, Hormel, Borden Foods, Campbell's Soups, Coca-Cola, Dannon, Dole, Frito Lay, General Mills, Hershey, Heinz, Hunts, Keebler, Libby's,  .... you get the picture.  More listings @ link below:

http://www.jiesworld.com/international_corporations_in_china.htm

http://www.foodandpower.net/foreign-ownership/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 04:55:31 pm »
I didn't know that China owned such a huge food/meat source.  Perhaps it is a coincidence that an outbreak just so happened in a Chinese owned meat plant in the U.S., perhaps not.  There is no way to boycott as the companies doing business in China is so massive.

An eyeopener -- the list of American companies doing business is China is unbelievable -- these are just some of the food companies; Kraft, Hormel, Borden Foods, Campbell's Soups, Coca-Cola, Dannon, Dole, Frito Lay, General Mills, Hershey, Heinz, Hunts, Keebler, Libby's,  .... you get the picture.  More listings @ link below:

:yowsa:  The PROBLEM is apparent!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 04:55:50 pm »
Not to worry,comrades!

The food flow will be returned to normal just as soon as Comrade Clinton becomes Maximum Leader,with the help of Comrade Schulmer and Comrade Pelosi.

Until then,please feel free to riot and set fires.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 04:58:05 pm »

@libertybele

Money recognizes neither border nor politics. It is a universal lubricant in ever sense of the word.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 05:00:02 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smithfield_Foods

@Bigun
Thanks! I had no idea they owned Smithfield Foods.

We can thank the dynamic duo of Bush and Clinton for this.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2020, 05:15:09 pm »
Not to worry,comrades!

The food flow will be returned to normal just as soon as Comrade Clinton becomes Maximum Leader,with the help of Comrade Schulmer and Comrade Pelosi.

Until then,please feel free to riot and set fires.

Perhaps this is a silly question because we're talking about a DEM candidate, but what about ballot access laws? Hillary would have had to have had this planned all along as the majority of those deadlines to file have passed.

In order to get on the ballot, a candidate for president of the United States must meet a variety of complex, state-specific filing requirements and deadlines. These regulations, known as ballot access laws, determine whether a candidate or party will appear on an election ballot. These laws are set at the state level. A presidential candidate must prepare to meet ballot access requirements well in advance of primaries, caucuses, and the general election.

https://www.fec.gov/introduction-campaign-finance/election-and-voting-information/2000-presidential-primary-dates-and-candidate-filing-deadlines-ballot-access/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 05:25:08 pm »
Spygate

Russia

Meuller

Ukraine

Impeachment

Disease

Pharmacueticals

Food
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2020, 06:00:17 pm »

Perhaps this is a silly question because we're talking about a DEM candidate, but what about ballot access laws? Hillary would have had to have had this planned all along as the majority of those deadlines to file have passed.

@libertybele  Bubbette is NOT a planner. She is a figurehead at this point,nothing more. It's the international banking families that have people like Warren Buffett and George Soros running interference for them as the front men. We are talking about people whose family banking fortunes go back hundreds of years. Some lend the US Treasury operating capital every yet and get paid back with interest.

Read "The Creature from Jekyll Island" sometime to get some insights on these people.

Laws really don't apply to them.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 06:01:03 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2020, 07:53:19 pm »
Running out of food...well dang! I've been eyeing my jack Russell...thinking of whether she'd be good fried or roasted...hmmmm.  happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2020, 08:40:09 pm »
Running out of food...well dang! I've been eyeing my jack Russell...thinking of whether she'd be good fried or roasted...hmmmm.  happy77

Not worth it.  JRTs are stringy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2020, 03:25:10 pm »
I just heard South Dakota's governor Noem talking about this with Glenn Beck, and was impressed. Very knowledgable and well spoken, and a staunch constitutionalist. She said the WashPost's story about what was going on at the giant Smithfield plant in her state was not factual at all. Seems like the Post just wanted to stick it to a Republican governor.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org