Author Topic: 'You know you're fake': Trump briefings are a war with the press he knows his base will love  (Read 376 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'You know you're fake': Trump briefings are a war with the press he knows his base will love
by W. James Antle III
 | April 15, 2020 12:00 AM

President Trump raised eyebrows in Washington with a contentious White House briefing Monday that allies saw as furthering two goals important to his reelection: defending his administration’s handling of the coronavirus and rallying the base against perceived media bias in favor of his Democratic challenger.

To that end, Trump showed a short video that featured Democratic governors and other officials praising his work with them in managing the pandemic. When reporters incredulously questioned why they had to sit through a production they likened to a campaign video, Trump replied, “Because we're getting fake news, and I like to have it corrected.”

Trump has shown a willingness to mix it up with the press throughout his presidency, and the coronavirus briefings have been no exception. CBS News’s Paula Reid, a lawyer by training, joined a roster of Trump’s media sparring partners that includes CNN’s Jim Acosta, PBS’ Yamiche Alcindor, and NBC’s Peter Alexander. Reid demanded to know what the White House had done to prepare for the outbreak in February. “You know you’re a fake, you know that,” Trump shot back. “That’s why you have a lower approval rating than you've ever had before, times probably three.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/you-know-youre-fake-trump-briefings-are-a-war-with-the-press-he-knows-his-base-will-love
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Was it fake news last night on Tucker Carlson when he had a segment indicating the USA's NIH funded the Wuhan lab in China with nearly $4 million that produced this virus?

Imagine, the scientific person(Dr. Fauci) spearheading the fight against the virus being the same person that most  likely approved spending near $4 million to create the virus in the first place!!!!!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Was it fake news last night on Tucker Carlson when he had a segment indicating the USA's NIH funded the Wuhan lab in China with nearly $4 million that produced this virus?

Imagine, the scientific person(Dr. Fauci) spearheading the fight against the virus being the same person that most  likely approved spending near $4 million to create the virus in the first place!!!!!

It would be interesting to have something more, than conjecture, right?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

Didn't Carlson's report say the grant was intended to beef up lab security? Why leave that out?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Strange how this article doesn't mention the question that caused President Trump's hissyfit "What did you do with the time that you bought...the month of February?"

Offline skeeter

Strange how this article doesn't mention the question that caused President Trump's hissyfit "What did you do with the time that you bought...the month of February?"

Perhaps because they're too embarrassed to print the word 'hissyfit'.

Offline PeteS in CA

:silly: , if you really care what the Trump Administration did with "the month of February", you can find some of what it did that month and in January, in the timeline linked in my signature.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

:silly: , if you really care what the Trump Administration did with "the month of February", you can find some of what it did that month and in January, in the timeline linked in my signature.
Thanx @PeteS in CA
Somebody should inform the President so he will know how to answer the question.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thanx @PeteS in CA
Somebody should inform the President so he will know how to answer the question.

Why bother?  They'll just holler "Liar!" and call it good.  The press dishes as good as they get.  And one may not like it, but that's what his supporters have been begging for since Ronald Reagan (and I thought he was turning the cheek to often as it was).  Every time he makes a presstitute fulminate is golden.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Why bother?  They'll just holler "Liar!" and call it good.  The press dishes as good as they get.  And one may not like it, but that's what his supporters have been begging for since Ronald Reagan (and I thought he was turning the cheek to often as it was).  Every time he makes a presstitute fulminate is golden.
Thanks for your honest reply @Cyber Liberty

I won't defend the media, they suck and they've failed their Constitutional responsibility.  https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/poll-news-media-are-the-least-trusted-institutions-in-handling-the-coronavirus-crisis/ 

I can understand after 3 years of NOT locking up crooked Hitlery, or draining the swamp, NOT replacing Obamacare, building ONLY 138 miles of Wall, massively INCREASING our debt, and presiding over a deadly pandemic and decimated US economy, not to mention devastating electoral defeats in 2018, President Trump's supporters are starved for the tiny scraps of owning the liberal media.

I'm a Chicago Bears fan in Cheeseville, WI.  People see my t-shirt or jersey with the Bears logo and shout at me unsolicited "The Bears suck!" Not in a sympathetic or consoling way, but in an insulting way...like I don't already know it.  Twice a season the Packers play the Bears and usually lose, but oh boy when they win I feel like I'm 10 feet tall. 
Do you think that is tragically pathetic?   8889whatkitty

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thanks for your honest reply @Cyber Liberty

I won't defend the media, they suck and they've failed their Constitutional responsibility.  https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/poll-news-media-are-the-least-trusted-institutions-in-handling-the-coronavirus-crisis/ 

I can understand after 3 years of NOT locking up crooked Hitlery, or draining the swamp, NOT replacing Obamacare, building ONLY 138 miles of Wall, massively INCREASING our debt, and presiding over a deadly pandemic and decimated US economy, not to mention devastating electoral defeats in 2018, President Trump's supporters are starved for the tiny scraps of owning the liberal media.

I'm a Chicago Bears fan in Cheeseville, WI.  People see my t-shirt or jersey with the Bears logo and shout at me unsolicited "The Bears suck!" Not in a sympathetic or consoling way, but in an insulting way...like I don't already know it.  Twice a season the Packers play the Bears and usually lose, but oh boy when they win I feel like I'm 10 feet tall. 
Do you think that is tragically pathetic?   8889whatkitty

If that is, then so am I.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: