Author Topic: Justin Amash Floats Potential Run for President Against Trump  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Justin Amash Floats Potential Run for President Against Trump

Christina Zhao 21 hrs ago

Michigan Congressman Justin Amash on Monday said he is considering a run for the White House against President Donald Trump.

Amash, who left the Republican Party last July and became an Independent, shared Trump's claim that he has absolute authority to Twitter, and said: "Americans who believe in limited government deserve another option."

After a user commented "please be you," Amash responded: "Thanks. I'm looking at it closely this week."

Amash's announcement came hours after Trump claimed that he has "total authority" to override state governors' stay-at-home orders.
Nine states controlled by Democrats suggested earlier today that they will set their own timeline for reopening the economy, despite Trump and Republicans' push for an early easing of economic restrictions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/justin-amash-floats-potential-run-for-president-against-trump/ar-BB12AoIL?ocid=spartanntp

Do it now!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

Re: Justin Amash Floats Potential Run for President Against Trump
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 03:16:59 am »
Well, as he's not a Republican he would be running against Joe Biden AND Donald Trump...not just against Donald Trump.

Let's hope he runs, as he will draw virtually zero Republican votes (as President Trump has unprecedented support amongst Republicans and Conservatives) and may well draw off a significant percentage of Dems who realize Biden is...quite literally...senile.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 03:19:21 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 03:20:00 am »
Well, as he's not a Republican he would be running against Joe Biden AND Donald Trump...not just against Donald Trump.

Let's hope he runs, as he will draw virtually zero Republican votes and may well draw off a significant percentage of Dems who realize Biden is...quite literally...senile.

Not zero.  I have always been a Republican.  But I am sure that he can get Republican votes.

Amash/Sasse?

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 03:25:58 am »
Not zero.  I have always been a Republican.  But I am sure that he can get Republican votes.

Amash/Sasse?

Ok. 1 vote...perhaps 5 or 6, all of whom are our resident TDS'rs. In a real election, Amash couldn't pull 1% of the GOP vote...whilst he might grab 2-3% from Biden. So bring him on.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 03:30:21 am »
Ok. 1 vote...perhaps 5 or 6, all of whom are our resident TDS'rs. In a real election, Amash couldn't pull 1% of the GOP vote...whilst he might grab 2-3% from Biden. So bring him on.

Right, what I say.  Bring it on!

Sasse would be a great running mate.  They both appear to be Constitutionalist. 

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 03:38:23 am »
Right, what I say.  Bring it on!

Sasse would be a great running mate.  They both appear to be Constitutionalist.

So its essentially a Dumb and Dumberer ticket that you're after. Sounds great.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 03:39:41 am by Mesaclone »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 03:52:51 am »
So its essentially a Dumb and Dumberer ticket that you're after. Sounds great.

How "smart" of you.  LOL.

Trumps whole draw is how dumb he can look at rallies.  I actually think that is what people go for, the comedian act.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2020, 03:54:21 am »

Amash/Sasse?

If President Trump wasn't already running on the Republican ticket it sounds like a great team.  No disrespect intended @Chosen Daughter but I'm gonna side with @Mesaclone on this.  Whoever wins in November, let them win without the loser claiming the election was stolen, and the winner isn't legitimate.  I know it will probably happen anyway. 

I think Amash will actually hurt Biden.  People like myself who will not vote for President Trump are faced with a choice of not voting, or Biden.  Some of us will choose Biden, but not if there is an easy out with Amash.  I don't think any disaffected Bernie bros will choose Amash but some disaffected moderate rats might.  At best it becomes a wash that muddies up the results.

JMO

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 03:56:17 am »
How "smart" of you.  LOL.

Trumps whole draw is how dumb he can look at rallies.  I actually think that is what people go for, the comedian act.

And he yet he won a national election by the startling margin 306-232.

Can you cite even a single person here at this site who voted for President Trump because of "how dumb he can look at rallies"?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 04:18:16 am »
And he yet he won a national election by the startling margin 306-232.

Can you cite even a single person here at this site who voted for President Trump because of "how dumb he can look at rallies"?

Many here didn't vote for him.  I can't imagine why any of them voted for him when we had Ted Cruz.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 04:20:14 am »
If President Trump wasn't already running on the Republican ticket it sounds like a great team.  No disrespect intended @Chosen Daughter but I'm gonna side with @Mesaclone on this.  Whoever wins in November, let them win without the loser claiming the election was stolen, and the winner isn't legitimate.  I know it will probably happen anyway. 

I think Amash will actually hurt Biden.  People like myself who will not vote for President Trump are faced with a choice of not voting, or Biden.  Some of us will choose Biden, but not if there is an easy out with Amash.  I don't think any disaffected Bernie bros will choose Amash but some disaffected moderate rats might.  At best it becomes a wash that muddies up the results.

JMO

Oh, I see you are worried about Biden. 

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2020, 04:27:54 am »
Many here didn't vote for him.  I can't imagine why any of them voted for him when we had Ted Cruz.

I like Ted Cruz. But it wasn't Ted that was running against Hillary. Ted Cruz is smart...and a gentleman. Those weren't the qualities we needed given the enemy we faced. Ted Cruz would not have been able to endure all that has been thrown at the President and his supporters during and after the 2016 campaign. Donald Trump was...and is. And has been able to throw it right back at them.

My guess, is Ted Cruz has learned from watching this...and will make a fine candidate in 2024. A man I, and I imagine nearly everyone on this site, would proudly vote for.

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2020, 04:28:23 am »
Oh, I see you are worried about Biden.
Ouch.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2020, 04:33:35 am »
Ouch.

I know, right?  That was harsh.  But really @Once-Ler you have to be kidding.  Biden is senile.  An old guy clown or an old guy who's senile and smells everyone's hair.  One is busy trying to keep people entertained with his mocking and clown show.  The other is that guy that doesn't remember what office he is running for.

So I had to be harsh, and make that ouchy remark.

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2020, 04:34:29 am »

Last man I voted for was Sen Cruz in April 2016 Wisconsin Primary.  He won my state.

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 04:41:53 am »
I know, right?  That was harsh.  But really @Once-Ler you have to be kidding.  Biden is senile.  An old guy clown or an old guy who's senile and smells everyone's hair.  One is busy trying to keep people entertained with his mocking and clown show.  The other is that guy that doesn't remember what office he is running for.

So I had to be harsh, and make that ouchy remark.

I agree with all you say about Biden and Trump. @Chosen Daughter If I vote in Nov it won't be for either candidate.  I mean never say never, but unless Amash catches fire and looks like a possible winner, there is no point in voting for him to lose.  I'll keep my mind and my eyes open though.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2020, 04:43:34 am »
I like Ted Cruz. But it wasn't Ted that was running against Hillary. Ted Cruz is smart...and a gentleman. Those weren't the qualities we needed given the enemy we faced. Ted Cruz would not have been able to endure all that has been thrown at the President and his supporters during and after the 2016 campaign. Donald Trump was...and is. And has been able to throw it right back at them.

My guess, is Ted Cruz has learned from watching this...and will make a fine candidate in 2024. A man I, and I imagine nearly everyone on this site, would proudly vote for.

Everything that they threw at Trump was given to them by his own administration and campaign staff.  Every president faces opposition from the other party.  I can't understand how people have fallen for it all.   Cruz would have done very well I am sure.

2024 is a long way away right now.  I can't imagine what another Trump presidency would bring us.

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2020, 04:44:23 am »

Some already have.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2020, 04:48:02 am »
I agree with all you say about Biden and Trump. @Chosen Daughter If I vote in Nov it won't be for either candidate.  I mean never say never, but unless Amash catches fire and looks like a possible winner, there is no point in voting for him to lose.  I'll keep my mind and my eyes open though.

I hear you. I wasn't planning on voting for Biden or Trump either.  But I would vote for a Constitutionalist candidate.   Enough is enough.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2020, 04:48:42 am »
Some already have.

Much can be learned from a principled man like Ted Cruz. For example, his integrity...and wisdom...in doing what's best for conservatism and his party in supporting our President.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2020, 04:50:38 am »
Some already have.

I did.  The Republican party is now Trumps party.  I can't even see it coming back.  They have their heads up his butt so far they can't see daylight.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 04:55:38 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2020, 04:51:36 am »

The historic equivalent of TDS, were John Anderson voters versus Reagan in 1980. He later became a Ralp Nader supporter.

Third party kooks come along and usually wind up kooks like Anderson, Nader, etc.

Libertarian Harry Browne blamed America for 9/11/2001.

Once a kook, always a kook.

Readily found on political forums; big fish in small ponds.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2020, 04:53:39 am »
The historic equivalent of TDS, were John Anderson voters versus Reagan in 1980. He later became a Ralp Nader supporter.

Third party kooks come along and usually wind up kooks like Anderson, Nader, etc.

Libertarian Harry Browne blamed America for 9/11/2001.

Once a kook, always a kook.

Readily found on political forums; big fish in small ponds.

Much truth in what you say.