Author Topic: The anti American, pro Iran, pro China wing of the Democrat Party holds up aid to Americans  (Read 386 times)

rangerrebew

Sunday, April 12, 2020
The anti American, pro Iran, pro China wing of the Democrat Party holds up aid to Americans

Cruz Slams Feinstein: Trying To Send Millions To Iran, While Blocking Relief To American Businesses

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz unloaded on his Democratic colleagues on Friday in response to Sen. Dianne Feinstein sending a letter to President Trump declaring that she is “disappointed” in his administration’s plan to block funding to the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism, Iran. The Democrats’ demand of Trump to help Iran get $5 billion in aid, Cruz noted, comes “at the exact same time” that they are “blocking desperately need relief to small businesses in America.”

In late March, a group of Democratic lawmakers — among them Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY), Ilhan Omar (MN), and Rashida Tlaib (MI), and Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) — sent a letter to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Treasury Sec. Steve Mnuchin calling for the easing of U.S. sanctions on Iran during the coronavirus pandemic, a request that was dead on arrival. Iran has since requested $5 billion in aid from the International Monetary Fund (IMF). In response to the Trump administration indicating that they have no intention of allowing the terror-sponsoring state to get the massive infusion of money, Sen. Feinstein sent her own letter on Thursday expressing her disappointment.

https://commonsensewonder.blogspot.com/2020/04/the-anti-american-pro-iran-pro-china.html

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It certainly seems that the DEM party is pro anti-American period.  They will do anything to discredit and undermine this President in hopes to capture the oval office.  They also want to overturn the Bammy/Kerry Iran nuke deal. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It certainly seems that the DEM party is pro anti-American period.  They will do anything to discredit and undermine this President in hopes to capture the oval office.  They also want to overturn the Bammy/Kerry Iran nuke deal.

The Democrats have proven themselves to be unfit to wield the power they seek.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

$2.2 Trillion isn't enough but McConnell doesn't have the power to pass more.  Maybe he's not cut out for national politics.

Offline Smokin Joe

$2.2 Trillion isn't enough but McConnell doesn't have the power to pass more.  Maybe he's not cut out for national politics.
McConnell is in the Senate. Revenue measures (Constitutionally) must originate in the House.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

McConnell is in the Senate. Revenue measures (Constitutionally) must originate in the House.

Indisputably true, and absolutely irrelevant.

https://commonsensewonder.blogspot.com/2020/04/the-anti-american-pro-iran-pro-china.html
As the New York Post’s editorial board explains, instead of agreeing to the desperately needed increase in cash on Thursday, the Democrats “issued partisan demands”: “They insisted the new money include $60 billion for ‘community-based lenders’ that serve minorities, women, nonprofits and other groups. And the bill also had to OK an immediate $250 billion for cities, states, hospitals, food stamps and other needs.”

https://nypost.com/2020/04/09/democrats-opt-for-blackmail-over-small-business-money/
On Thursday, Senate Democrats nixed a simple but urgent request to boost cash in the emergency small business loan program Congress set up this month from $350 billion to $600 billion.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell pleaded for action: “I am literally talking about deleting the number 350 and writing 600 in its place.” That’s it. “Please do not block emergency aid you do not oppose just because you want something more.”

McConnell essentially promised other needs would be addressed in the next big rescue package, once it’s clear what those needs are. Yet Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and other Democrats refused to budge.

Hopefully this caught you up with the story.  Now then, doesn't McConnell sound pathetically weak?

Offline Smokin Joe

Indisputably true, and absolutely irrelevant.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/09/democrats-opt-for-blackmail-over-small-business-money/
Hopefully this caught you up with the story.  Now then, doesn't McConnell sound pathetically weak?
Actually, it sounds like he has figured out a way to cash in on that aspect (I don't trust most of them up there, regardless of Party.)

C S Lewis