Author Topic: CDC: About 90% of Coronavirus Hospitalized Patients Have Underlying Conditions  (Read 408 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Nearly 90 percent of U.S. coronavirus patients who have been hospitalized have underlying health problems, or comorbidities, reports the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), released Wednesday, focuses on hospitalization rates and characteristics of patients hospitalized with confirmed coronavirus disease, or COVID-19.

CDC reports among 1,482 patients from 14 states who were hospitalized with COVID-19 in March, 74.5 percent were 50 years of age or older, and 54.4 percent were male.

According to Dr. Shikha Garg and associates, during the month of March, among 178 (12%) adult patients with data on underlying conditions, 89.3% had one or more underlying conditions:

[T]he most common were hypertension (49.7%), obesity (48.3%), chronic lung disease (34.6%), diabetes mellitus (28.3%), and cardiovascular disease (27.8%).

The hospitalization rate during the four-week period was 4.6 per 100,000 population. Those aged 65 or older showed the highest rate of hospitalization (13.8) and the rate increased with age. The rate for those aged 50–64 years was 7.4 and for those aged 18–49 years, the rate was 2.5.

“These findings suggest that older adults have elevated rates of COVID-19–associated hospitalization and the majority of persons hospitalized with COVID-19 have underlying medical conditions,”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/11/cdc-about-90-of-coronavirus-hospitalized-patients-have-underlying-conditions/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline MajorClay

Unfortunately, a lot of Americans have those under lying conditions.  I have Type II

Offline Right_in_Virginia

[T]he most common were hypertension (49.7%), obesity (48.3%), chronic lung disease (34.6%), diabetes mellitus (28.3%), and cardiovascular disease (27.8%).

I'm guessing rare is the male American over the age of 50 without one of these underlying conditions.  The CDC also includes "pre-diabetes" as an underlying risk factor.

There's a point here somewhere .... but unless one of these conditions was going to send someone to the hospital in March, I'm going to have to go with the coronavirus as the trigger.   Isn't this data telling us pretty much everyone except the healthy under age 50 living on a beach somewhere is at increased risk?   

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 04:44:47 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm guessing rare is the male American over the age of 50 without one of these underlying conditions.  The CDC also includes "pre-diabetes" as an underlying risk factor.

Unless one of these conditions was going to send someone to the hospital in March, I'm not sure what the point is.   :shrug:

The point is the weaker your immune system is...the weaker our overall health is from any of those things...the great your risk of not only getting this virus but dying from it.

I'm 51 was on a ship where there were three confirmed cases of the virus after we returned...I have none of the mentioned conditions and haven't caught the virus.

The healthier you are the better your chances are of not getting it or if you do having a very mild case if the virus.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The point is the weaker your immune system is...the weaker our overall health is from any of those things...the great your risk of not only getting this virus but dying from it.

I'm 51 was on a ship where there were three confirmed cases of the virus after we returned...I have none of the mentioned conditions and haven't caught the virus.

The healthier you are the better your chances are of not getting it or if you do having a very mild case if the virus. 

Doesn't this also apply to those contracting the seasonal flu, or bronchitis, or pneumonia?   Isn't this data telling us pretty much every adult over 50 is at some degree of increased risk?   None of this is really new news, is it?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Doesn't this also apply to those contracting the seasonal flu, or bronchitis, or pneumonia?   Isn't this data telling us pretty much every adult over 50 is at some degree of increased risk?   None of this is really new news, is it?

My wife had Flu A two weeks before we went on our cruise last month.  The doctor told her two things...1) Getting the flu shot lessened the severity of the virus she had and 2) since she had the flu she wouldn't contract Chinese Corona Virus.

No it's saying people with those ailments are at a much greater risk that the healthier people in the population.