Author Topic: ‘We need to focus’: Republicans want Trump to stop talking at coronavirus pressers and leave it to t  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
‘We need to focus’: Republicans want Trump to stop talking at coronavirus pressers and leave it to the experts

Published 2 days ago on April 9, 2020
By Matthew Chapman

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) reportedly believes Trump “sometimes drowns out his own message” at these conferences and that “I told him your opponent is no longer Joe Biden — it’s this virus.” He believes that “once-a-week” briefings would probably make more sense. Meanwhile, Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) believes the pressers are “going off the rails a little bit” and wants Trump to “let the health professionals guide where we’re going to go.”

Rep. Paul Mitchell (R-MI) agreed, saying “It is not helpful to hurl names and talk badly about people. We need to focus on the problem.”
“The consternation reflects a new sense of urgency over Mr. Trump’s re-election efforts as Joseph R. Biden Jr. emerges as his likely Democratic challenger,” said the report. “Three new polls this week show Mr. Biden leading the president, and the Trump campaign’s internal surveys show he has mostly lost the initial bump he received early in the crisis, according to three people briefed on the numbers. Public polls show he badly trails the nation’s governors and his own medical experts in terms of whom Americans trust most for guidance.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/we-need-to-focus-republicans-want-trump-to-stop-talking-at-coronavirus-pressers-and-leave-it-to-the-experts/

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
Apr 10

Because the T.V. Ratings for the White House News Conference’s are the highest, the Opposition Party (Lamestream Media), the Radical Left, Do Nothing Democrats &, of course, the few remaining RINO’S, are doing everything in their power to disparage & end them. The People’s Voice!

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
From the very begining with Trump, there have been plenty of people claiming to know better, how he should do his job.

Reportedly, seemingly, alarmingly, according to, blah, blah, blah......

Meanwhile most of Trump's detractors are democrats, media, people  on the side which has been through about 16 democrat candidates, with Gropey Joe Biden as their last man standing, thanks to their brilliant political advice, analysis, etc.

But at the drop of a hat, they can write a fake news TDS story that will be posted here in hours.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

From the very begining with Trump, there have been plenty of people claiming to know better, how he should do his job.

Reportedly, seemingly, alarmingly, according to, blah, blah, blah......

Meanwhile most of Trump's detractors are democrats, media, people  on the side which has been through about 16 democrat candidates, with Gropey Joe Biden as their last man standing, thanks to their brilliant political advice, analysis, etc.

But at the drop of a hat, they can write a fake news TDS story that will be posted here in hours.

I see cattle going to slaughter.  The day before they were grazing in the field and wouldn't have know that this day they would lose their lives.  We are headed for the slaughter house if Trump doesn't stop talking about himself.  It isn't just Democrats.

The Republicans he calls RINO's who very well may be are worried they are heading for slaughter with him.   And I predict they will.  We could lose Senate, House and Presidency if Trump doesn't stop talking.  Of course Trump is a RINO himself and has nothing to talk about.  He has that love/hate relationship with Lindsey Graham.  Most Conservatives have never understood his love for Lindsey since he was a RINO.  Gang of eight RINO, which didn't really fit with campaign promises.  And Trumps entire presidency has not been Conservative or Fiscal Responsible.  Its been ruin for this country now with the COVID spending.

Trump seems to think that this is his personal battle about him, still.  Treating it like it was only about him.  It isn't going to last.  It isn't about him.  People are losing parents, sons, daughters and friends to this pandemic.  But his administration is focusing on Trump.  How's his ratings on television?  How many people are watching?  And still focusing on Russia investigation.

And then Trump had to meet with Biden.  Bet he gave him some great advise.  Anything he said would be to his own advantage.  Doesn't anyone find it somewhat surprising?   

Go ahead.  Go down the slaughter shoot.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 06:15:09 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

GOP Strategist Says Senate 'Up For Grabs' in 2020

Republicans could lose their Senate majority and seats in the House in the upcoming 2020 election, a longtime GOP strategist told Newsweek on Thursday.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/senate-house-republicans/2020/01/02/id/948136/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Sen Lindsey Graham has been a strong advocate of President Trump for 3 years.  Now when we are getting close to both their re-elections Graham is throwing shade at the President.   :pondering:

Offline Absalom

Republicans could lose their Senate majority and seats in the House in the upcoming 2020 election, a longtime GOP strategist told Newsweek on Thursday.
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/senate-house-republicans/2020/01/02/id/948136/
------------------------------------------
Those aware of Trump over the decades can hardly be surprised.
His Fan Club, who share his attitudes and behavior, simply cheer
him on, oblivious to the danger he represents to the GOP.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

That was back in Jan.  Seems like another century today.  I think if the GOP Senators and President Trump can show they are proactively trying to keep rona deaths low and the death toll is perceived as successfully low, they will retain the Senate and Whitehouse.  It may destroy our economy and cost $Trillions more, and eventually make them question what they won. 

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Oh be fair, the GOP has been busting it's nuts to be democrat lite for a whole lot of years now and that's why I identify as Conservative and not Republican. As many democrats  said in the past "I didn't leave the party, the party left me", I feel the same way about the GOP.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

And that, at this point, is about all I have to say about that.

(I didn't vote for Trump last time.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I see cattle going to slaughter.  The day before they were grazing in the field and wouldn't have know that this day they would lose their lives.  We are headed for the slaughter house if Trump doesn't stop talking about himself.  It isn't just Democrats.

. . .

Go ahead.  Go down the slaughter shoot.

Get a grip.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

From the very beginning with Trump, there have been plenty of people claiming to know better, how he should do his job.

And from the very beginning, neither Trump nor his supporters will accept criticism or just friendly advice. 

I keep saying this over and over regarding these briefings -- if people don't like them, don't watch them.  This isn't rocket science. 

Offline Gemmarose

And that, at this point, is about all I have to say about that.

(I didn't vote for Trump last time.)

That sums it up in a nutshell
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline Absalom

Oh be fair, the GOP has been busting it's nuts to be democrat lite for a whole lot of years now and that's why I identify as Conservative and not Republican. As many democrats  said in the past "I didn't leave the party, the party left me", I feel the same way about the GOP.
-----------------------------
Comment is on the mark as the GOP never reflected principled conservatism, from 1854 till today!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Get a grip.
But there are no grips on the cattle chute to the slaughter house and , and cattles gots no hands!

Offline PeteS in CA

Since people who hate Trump want him out of these press briefing, that is obviously the worst thing he could do. Never do the bidding of your enemies.

Trump's presence serves as a buffer between the worst of MSM demonizations of Task Force members - they don't have to respond to the MSM crap.

Trump calls "reporters" on their crap in full view of American people who watch the briefings, a very valuable service.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Since people who hate Trump want him out of these press briefing, that is obviously the worst thing he could do. Never do the bidding of your enemies.

Trump's presence serves as a buffer between the worst of MSM demonizations of Task Force members - they don't have to respond to the MSM crap.

Trump calls "reporters" on their crap in full view of American people who watch the briefings, a very valuable service.

I haven't been watching.  I can't even get this video out of my mind.  I prefer not to get my information from a clown that tweets about his ratings at the COVID briefings.  Or made jokes about it at a rally in late February.

End of February

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Trump+COVID+hoax&&view=detail&mid=959A7F87C45F7A45C3CE959A7F87C45F7A45C3CE&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3DTrump%2BCOVID%2Bhoax%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

Offline Night Hides Not

That was back in Jan.  Seems like another century today.  I think if the GOP Senators and President Trump can show they are proactively trying to keep rona deaths low and the death toll is perceived as successfully low, they will retain the Senate and Whitehouse.  It may destroy our economy and cost $Trillions more, and eventually make them question what they won. 

Hell, I learned that as a butterbar platoon leader in the Army. What took him so long?

I haven't watched the briefings one iota, don't plan to change.

Trump could not have asked for two unworthy opponents in the general election, Hillary and Biden.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Applewood

As one of those so-called evil Trump haters, I don't really care if he holds them or not.  Just my opinion -- as far as I can tell these daily "briefings" serve little purpose other than as a replacement for Trump's rock star tour which he cannot do because of the virus.  Trump's element is entertainment and since he can't do that on the road, the "briefings" including his constant fights with the reporters, are the next best thing.    These fights apparently impress his supporters/voters and he believes because of these altercations, his "people" will vote for him in the general election. 

Since I am not one of his "people" these fights don't really impress me.  I think it would be a simple matter to just ignore the reporters who annoy him, but he won't do that.  To me these fights are a waste of time.  They aren't going to prevent these reporters from reporting whatever they feel like.  So what's the point?

I would rather these "briefings" be held only when there is something significant to report.  Somehow I can't imagine that, other than the daily body count, there is all that much to say. Furthermore, I was of the impression that VP Pence was in charge.  If so, why can't the Vice President conduct these briefings -- at least some of them?  Does Trump really have to be there every day, particularly when there is so little to report?

But as I said, I'm one of those Trump haters, so who cares what I think?  I decided from the start that I don't need to watch these "briefings."  I can always find something else to watch that is far more entertaining. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
As one of those so-called evil Trump haters, I don't really care if he holds them or not.  Just my opinion -- as far as I can tell these daily "briefings" serve little purpose other than as a replacement for Trump's rock star tour which he cannot do because of the virus.  Trump's element is entertainment and since he can't do that on the road, the "briefings" including his constant fights with the reporters, are the next best thing.    These fights apparently impress his supporters/voters and he believes because of these altercations, his "people" will vote for him in the general election. 

Since I am not one of his "people" these fights don't really impress me.  I think it would be a simple matter to just ignore the reporters who annoy him, but he won't do that.  To me these fights are a waste of time.  They aren't going to prevent these reporters from reporting whatever they feel like.  So what's the point?

I would rather these "briefings" be held only when there is something significant to report.  Somehow I can't imagine that, other than the daily body count, there is all that much to say. Furthermore, I was of the impression that VP Pence was in charge.  If so, why can't the Vice President conduct these briefings -- at least some of them?  Does Trump really have to be there every day, particularly when there is so little to report?

But as I said, I'm one of those Trump haters, so who cares what I think?  I decided from the start that I don't need to watch these "briefings."  I can always find something else to watch that is far more entertaining.

Didja notice two days just went by with no Presser?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

Didja notice two days just went by with no Presser?

Actually, I didn't  till I saw a headline in my news feed a little bit ago.  Sheesh I would hope he would give this a rest for a holiday weekend.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.

I suppose that's what he is doing today. On Easter Sunday.
During a pandemic that has claimed 21,000 of his countrymen, including the very recent loss of his friend.
The President of the United States is whining about "Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd" and "Mike Wallace Wannabe Chris" for criticizing him.
Trump is too defective a human being to give it a rest--even today.
He is what he is. I get that.
What I don't get, are people who are rooted in decency, common sense, and integrity in every other aspect of their daily lives, pretending this is an acceptable standard for the leadership of our country.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I suppose that's what he is doing today. On Easter Sunday.
During a pandemic that has claimed 21,000 of his countrymen, including the very recent loss of his friend.
The President of the United States is whining about "Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd" and "Mike Wallace Wannabe Chris" for criticizing him.
Trump is too defective a human being to give it a rest--even today.
He is what he is. I get that.
What I don't get, are people who are rooted in decency, common sense, and integrity in every other aspect of their daily lives, pretending this is an acceptable standard for the leadership of our country.

Search me.  After 8 years of ObamaRule, and the previous 8 years of the Sink Monster, nothing's beneath the office.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Search me.  After 8 years of ObamaRule, and the previous 8 years of the Sink Monster, nothing's beneath the office.  :shrug:

Who is the Sink Monster? Bush or Clinton?
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Who is the Sink Monster? Bush or Clinton?

That would be Clinton.  I don't recall any sink stories with Bush.  He was a nice guy, met the decorum of the office and was destroyed so badly that no Republican could win in 2008.  Not even a throw-away "war hero."
I will NOT comply.