Author Topic: Barr says Russia probe was started ‘without basis’  (Read 629 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Barr says Russia probe was started ‘without basis’
Associated Press, Apr 10, 2020

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General William Barr believes the Russia investigation that shadowed President Donald Trump for the first two years of his administration was started without any basis and amounted to an effort to “sabotage the presidency,” he said in an interview with Fox News Channel.

[...]

“I think the president has every right to be frustrated, because I think what happened to him was one of the greatest travesties in American history,” Barr said in the interview with Fox News Channel’s Laura Ingraham that aired Thursday night.

The attorney general said the FBI launched its counterintelligence investigation into ties between the Trump campaign and Russia “without any basis.”

“Even more concerning, actually, is what happened after the campaign, a whole pattern of events while he was president,” Barr said. “To sabotage the presidency, and I think that - or at least have the effect of sabotaging the presidency.”

“My own view is that the evidence shows that we’re not dealing with just mistakes or sloppiness,” he said. “There is something far more troubling here, and we’re going to get to the bottom of it.

More:  https://apnews.com/57304f689050c5c75aded464656f8455

Offline skeeter

Re: Barr says Russia probe was started ‘without basis’
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 02:13:14 pm »
Ordinarily big news the media will free to ignore.

This pandemic sure has come in handy, in many ways.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 02:17:41 pm »
This is Part II of Laura's interview with Barr.  The whole 7 minutes is well worth watching ... but Barr speaks about Durham investigation beginning at 4:12.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asLCEg4Ik7E

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 02:18:53 pm »
Ordinarily big news the media will free to ignore.

This pandemic sure has come in handy, in many ways.

I just posted the video of the interview @skeeter ....

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 02:20:40 pm »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 02:28:46 pm »
This is Part II of Laura's interview with Barr.  The whole 7 minutes is well worth watching ... but Barr speaks about Durham investigation beginning at 4:12.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asLCEg4Ik7E

Thanks for posting. Barr is clear about what happened in Crossfire Hurricane and why - I don't know how he can justify failing to prosecute the players.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 02:47:15 pm »
Bill Barr Says Evidence From Durham Probe Is ‘Troubling,’ Report Of Investigation Is ‘Likely’

excerpt:
Barr also said he has seen evidence that leads him to believe that U.S. officials engaged in “troubling” activity — and not simple “mistakes or sloppiness” — related to investigations against the Trump campaign.

“We are going to get to the bottom of it, and if people broke the law and we can establish that with the evidence, they will be prosecuted,” Barr told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/10/bill-barr-john-durham/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 02:59:08 pm »
And?